Bone crushing back-to-back hits vs. JETS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bone crushing back-to-back hits vs. JETS

Gam(e)-is-on

Scout Team
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Everyone

To me the absolute highlight(s) of the JETS game on Monday were the two back-to-back bone crushing hits that Lehan and Zach laid on Washington and Coles.
I am fortunate enough to have season tickets, better yet, they are 40 yards line on the visitor side. I was front row to Zachs hit on Coles. I can not recall a much better hit this year. If ESPN does the "You got JACKED UP!" for the entire season - Zachs hit has to be considered top 5 of this year.

Anyone who was at the game surely must recall how they replayed the hit on the jumbo screens 3 times while Coles was laying motionless on the field - and at impact, on all three, the crowd was screaming "BOOOOM" - it was absolutely priceless.

I would LOOOOOOVE to see these two hits again. I have searched YouTube with no luck. Anyone have a link to a site that would have these two hits?

Thanks

Those were some great hits, but when it mattered the most{4th quarter / crunchtime}, our defense was inivisible....

Everyone wants to say, "Well they only gave up 13 points"....

True, but 10 of those 13 points came in crunchtime, when one mistake means everything. They practically laid down on that final possession in my opinion, and that cost us the game. We had a four point lead, but that disappeared within minutes. Simply stated, the defense choked.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Those were some great hits, but when it mattered the most{4th quarter / crunchtime}, our defense was inivisible....

Everyone wants to say, "Well they only gave up 13 points"....

True, but 10 of those 13 points came in crunchtime, when one mistake means everything. They practically laid down on that final possession in my opinion, and that cost us the game. We had a four point lead, but that disappeared within minutes. Simply stated, the defense choked.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wait, you're placing that loss on the defense?? WOW, I know they didn't hold up the entire game, but if our offense wasn't inept, we would have won that game and many more this year.. Our offense has been atrocious, the D has been outstanding.

Lehan should of caught that interception towards the end of the game.... Congrats to Ronnie Brown on a great night running the ball and the offensive line being much improved over the course of the season

Wait..they are blaming the Defense?...:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
Mularky is gone!!!

Wait, you're placing that loss on the defense?? WOW, I know they didn't hold up the entire game, but if our offense wasn't inept, we would have won that game and many more this year.. Our offense has been atrocious, the D has been outstanding.

Of course she isnt blaming them fully, just saying that they need to take some of the credit as they do. They played an outstanding game for the majority, but they slipped up big time.

Of course she isnt blaming them fully, just saying that they need to take some of the credit as they do. They played an outstanding game for the majority, but they slipped up big time.

If Cristina Scabbia really did post on these boards, I would consider myself to be the luckiest ******* evar. EVAR.

Lehan should of caught that interception towards the end of the game.... Congrats to Ronnie Brown on a great night running the ball and the offensive line being much improved over the course of the season
Didn't that ball slip through his hands and hit him right in the face?

:sidelol:

Wait, you're placing that loss on the defense??

Sure, why not??...

They choked the lead away at 7-3, and then they choked again when it was 10-10. I'm not sure about the rest of the fans here, but in my opinion our defense laid down in the 4th quarter. I was there, and it was sad watching a rookie like Washington take over the game. We had no defensive answer for him during 3rd down / or in the fourth quarter....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I put some of this on the defense also, we gave up big plays, and that is what beat us. Our defense always gives up 3-4 big plays a game, and until that stops we can't be consistent.

I put some of this on the defense also, we gave up big plays, and that is what beat us. Our defense always gives up 3-4 big plays a game, and until that stops we can't be consistent.

Pretty much every game that is played has a few "big" plays to speak of.. It's the NFL, there are going to be game changing plays in every game. If our offense would put up some points, our D wouldn't have to play the perfect game every time they take the field. It's week 16, our defense has kept us in almost every game, it's the offense that has let us down, again.. Until we get some consistant production from the O, this team will be consistantly mediocre.

Sure, why not??...

They choked the lead away at 7-3, and then they choked again when it was 10-10. I'm not sure about the rest of the fans here, but in my opinion our defense laid down in the 4th quarter. I was there, and it was sad watching a rookie like Washington take over the game. We had no defensive answer for him during 3rd down / or in the fourth quarter....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Why not, because of the first sentance in your post, "They choked the lead away at 7-3". It was 7-3 in the fourth quarter. The O wasn't able to do **** until the 4th against a defense that hasn't exactly been tearing it up this year.. I'll agree that the D did let us down, but to put the loss soley on them is reaching IMO.

Why not, because of the first sentance in your post, "They choked the lead away at 7-3". It was 7-3 in the fourth quarter. The O wasn't able to do **** until the 4th against a defense that hasn't exactly been tearing it up this year.. I'll agree that the D did let us down, but to put the loss soley on them is reaching IMO.

Giving up a 64 yard screen play with less than 2 minutes to play is considered choking.

Giving up a 64 yard screen play with less than 2 minutes to play is considered choking.

OK, but we shoudn't have been in position to lose the game with 2:00 left when the opposing team has only 10 points. We gave up 70 yds in the first half, and 256 in the 2nd, with 150 in the 4th. So ya, i guess the D did choke a bit, but the O has been the problem the whole year, and this game was no different..

Back
Top Bottom