Bonehead plays by Booker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bonehead plays by Booker

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Booker could not find the first down marker. He caught the ball ok, but then was always about a yard short. This guy is an experienced pro-bowl receiver and yet, he didn't seem to have the presence of mind to know where the markers were. Two drives were killed (we had to punt) because Booker could not get to the first down. This was so obvious that even the TV announcers commented on it.

Let's hope that he can do a better job next week, cuz vs. the Titans his play was very weak.

I'm sure it will be pointed out and worked on this week.

Yeah he needs to get past marker, but hey at least we are making catches outside CC and Randy, that is positive, throw that on second down and it 3 and 1. Stop being predictable and committing penalties and 3 rd and longs are reduced. As far as receivers needing to know where first down is, the defenses also know where that marker is and are sitting on those routes, thus needing to cut them shorter to get open. I am not saying this is or was or is always the case, but it is something to think about.

hes a vet and should know what to do....those were costly..first downs keep our overused D off the field....i'm sure that wont happen again..

The interception in the end zone, on the other hand, was not his fault like Sean Salisbury likes to beleive. That pass was out of his range. Had it been underthrown Booker may have been able to make a play on it.

F150&Dolfan said:
The interception in the end zone, on the other hand, was not his fault like Sean Salisbury likes to beleive. That pass was out of his range. Had it been underthrown Booker may have been able to make a play on it.
Normally, the QB will want to slightly overthrow that pass. But, Fiedler didn't read the defender.

I was surpised that Booker didn't even make an effort for the ball. That should be corrected. I doubt that he could have caught the ball...but, he might have been able to flag it down.

That was the right matchup. It was one of the rare occassions when it is better for the QB to underthrow the ball.

F150&Dolfan said:

That's right, the play in the endzone was NOT Booker's fault. He had no shot at that ball. The blame for that INT solely rests on Fiedler's shoulders.

The defender was in front and a couple yards deeper than Booker. It almost looked like he was running the route Booker was supposed to. However, I don't blame Marty. Fiedler shoudl ha ve seen this clearly and adjusted his throw accordingly. Had he underthrown it or tried to fire it in there ( as best he could ) it would have been caught for a touchdown or at the very least, incomplete.

However, think of this, had he not thrown that INT, A.J. Feeley probably never gets into the game. Perhaps it happened for a reason.

Well I think Marty should of interfered by tackling him before he could catch the ball. IMO, that is the only thing Booker could do in that situation

It was his first game, he's been here for 2 weeks. It was his first game playing on the dirt. Not making excuses, but give him time. Our offense didn't look as bad as people are making it sound.

Im sure then defenders knew where the first down markers were too...typical week one mistake... but then after watching a full weekend of football... there shouldnt be too many teams feeling good about themselves.. even the winners

Back
Top Bottom