Booker could replace Brown seriously... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

Dorfdad

Tickle Me I Dare You!
Reaction score
Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

Booker was brought in by Cam because Ricky will not be playing for us this season, and we need a runningback that can spell Ronnie or take over the load if he is hurt.

Period and end of story.

No Not madden reality Im not bashing Ronnie as a player, but as a starting NFL running back, his Stats do not scare anyone.

Everyone sees the whole we paid X million so he will start figures, but if he isn't productive 1000 yards come on thats nothing anymore in the NFL if you don't have 1000 yds as the starting RB you shouldn't be a starter in this league Ronnie should be getting 1300 yds a season.

OK I'm a chump, but mark my words Im bookmarking this post. When the season is over I'm willing to bet Booker is the NFL running back rookie of the year...

If I lose I will profess my stupidity for all to see..

Booker was brought in by Cam because Ricky will not be playing for us this season, and we need a runningback that can spell Ronnie or take over the load if he is hurt.

Period and end of story.

how can you say that?

the best RB will be the starter...whether it be ronnie, booker, or whomever

lets not forget lorenzo's pedigree. number #2 player in the nation out of hs, only reggie bush was better. booker has serious talent and potential. pretty much the same as ronnie.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

10th in the AFC alone..

He did miss 3+ games and ran behind an offensive line that was pretty bad the first half of the year.

Let's give him a full season behind a decent line before we rush to judgment.

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes.

with that line and mularkeys offense!? since when is averaging 4.2 ypc not good? :shakeno:

4.3 YPC 1,008 yards and missed 4 games and hardly ever got 20-25 carrys a game last year. i think if he can manage to stay healthy and we feed him the rock 20-25 times consistantly i think he can definitly have a 1250-1500 yard season if our o line plays like they were toward the end of the season.

I hope Im wrong guys honestly, I just don't get the STAR vibe from Ronnie, if he does not get the job done this year he could be in trouble..

how can you say that?

lets not forget lorenzo's pedigree. number #2 player in the nation out of hs, only reggie bush was better. booker has serious talent and potential. pretty much the same as ronnie.

He also has a slight frame for a running back and would not hold up to constant pounding at this point in his career.

how can you say that?

Let's not forget that Lorenzo failed to produce in college. Some of that was the line of course, but he also takes the blame.

There are plenty of #1 guys out of high school that bust. Brock Berlin was the #1 or #2 QB I believe and the list is so long it's hard to count.

how can you say that?

He didnt live up to that rating in college though. I dont why so many people are quoting HS ratings for players we drafted. Booker didnt show anything at FSU to make people think he will be taking over for RB full time. He can be a very good change of pace back and get a good amount of carries, but there isnt really a reason to assume more than that a this point.

Quick stats for 2006

10th in the AFC alone..

I don't think you can put last year solely on Ronnie Brown. He had barely adequate QB play, below average OL play, no blocking FB, and no deep threat b/c of the lack of all the aforementioned. Not to mention the Mularkey game planning and game calling.

IMO, Ronnie is an upper echelon RB and will shine in a good offense. It will help if he loses a little of his fat and picks up that burst he had his rookie year.

GO PHINS~!

Lorenzo Booker is not better than Ronnie Brown. Even Lorenzo Booker's mother must know that.

Back
Top Bottom