Booker finds comfort zone with Dolphins... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker finds comfort zone with Dolphins...

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
A few snippets form the artile...

By Jeff Darlington

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
DAVIE — He sat in a corner of the Dolphins' locker room, a few steps from an exit that could quickly take him away from the attention and toward the showers.
Each of the past two seasons, that's the way wide receiver Marty Booker liked it.

"The first year was the toughest," said Booker, who played in his first game with his new team 15 days after the trade was finalized, "just being thrown into the fire."
It has been an adjustment ever since. Suddenly, however, the once-high-profile player of 2002 - the one who made the Pro Bowl as the Chicago Bears' No. 1 receiver - appears ready to emerge again. As a player.
And as a person

Article link: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/08/23/a1c_booker_0823.html

Great article. I was worried when we first traded for him if he was ever going to feel at home.

movalli said:
wonder why booker took so long to get comfortable dowm here?

It had to have been tough, being the team captain, then getting traded without warning at the beginning of the regular season, after he put his blood, sweat, and tears into training camp for Chicago.

Good read, I like Booker. He doesn't get enough respect on this board.

Motion said:
Good read, I like Booker. He doesn't get enough respect on this board.
Booker should get better looks this year with the added coverage that Chambers and Randy should get. And Peps can launch the ball so he should be able to get some really good looks.

.This is his final year of his contract so he has to impress.

PHINBRED said:
that throw just reminded me of Dan Marino who could drill a ball to a guy covered by throwing to the outside shoulder. great to see.
:D :D

Exactly.Those type of sideline passes often resulted in pick 6 s when our previous QBs whose surnames began with the letter F were throwing them.:D

depac33 said:
Booker should get better looks this year with the added coverage that Chambers and Randy should get. And Peps can launch the ball so he should be able to get some really good looks.

:yes:

Good article and find!!!! I have always felt for booker being told he was a fluke somewhat or that his best seasons were behind him. I hope he proves the haters wrong.

Back
Top Bottom