Booker gives Dolphins explosive options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker gives Dolphins explosive options

Cam drafted Booker last time I checked. He also did play him once LoBo learned the playbook and showed he was not a blocking liability. I am not a Cam fan, but I know all about Booker and he struggled with blocking.

I hope we use him in the slot and also like Faulk on those angle routes. IMO, Booker is much more special then Faulk and can play 2 positions on the field. I would love to see him play more then just on third down.

Ya ... every sunday up until like week 10 or whatever i would try and figure out why Booker wasnt on the field! Thanks for nothing Cam.

There was a video on youtube that showed Booker in action against the Ravens week 15.

It has since been removed by the user. I copied it onto FLV player, but I don't know how to copy it to share with all you guys.

Definitely reason to be excited. He is shifty, quick, and has nice hands. We definitely don't beat the Ravens without him.

Sparano NEEDS to get him more involved in the offense next year. Cam Cameron was an idiot for keeping him on the bench most of the last season.

With Ronnie, Ricky, and Booker in the backfield, we have good talent and depth.

Now, if we can use the draft to get another good lineman like Satele, we will have a feared rushing attack in 2008

Yeah i know it has prolly been over used but he is a poor mans Reggie Bush. He has very good eyes patience and insanely quick feet. HE can catch too. The reason he wasnt highly regarded coming out of FSU is because they have started falling from grace and their O-line was terrible so he can def create for himself. He can be a slot guy or that Kevin Faulk 3rd down back that always seems to come through honestly i would take either.

remember how we all thought he was our secret weapon and it would only be a matter of time before we saw him in action. Well...... he was our secret weapon and it was a LONG time before we got to see him.

Cam Cameron was an idiot for keeping him on the bench most of the last season.

learn the game and come back

Shaun Alexander was in the league for years and the Seahawks had to take him out on 3rd and long. so you expected a rookie to learn complicated protection schemes in one year?

I think Cam is a little brighter than you

cam_cameron_rolf_3-1.jpg

I know I am anxiously awaiting the chance to see Booker more this year.
I think a comparison to R. Bush is not out of line. =) (potentially)

He seemed so elusive toward the end of the season. He makes me think something could happen any time he touches it.

I know I am anxiously awaiting the chance to see Booker more this year.
I think a comparison to R. Bush is not out of line. =) (potentially)

He seemed so elusive toward the end of the season. He makes me think something could happen any time he touches it.

Actually, to a certain extent, Bush is the poor man's Lorenzo Booker.

I'm sure I'll get ripped for that sentiment, but the truth is that while Bush has better straight line speed and uncanny leaping ability (loves to hurdle and dive) it is Booker that is the shiftier and more elusive runner. Booker has better lateral movement and has already shown a penchant for making tacklers miss in space. Bush has not shown that ability at the NFL level, instead opting to try and beat defenders to the outside so that he can leverage his straight line speed.

They're have more or less equal stop-start acceleration.

I'm excited to see if Booker and Ginn do get the touches. They were made for Cameron's offense and I hope the Henning/Parcell's offense truly utilizes these potential game breakers. It is going to take some serious creativity, but an experiment that could deliver big time.

Not only that, Hugo, but Booker doesn't hesitate to hit the hole. Bush loves to get the ball in space, not so much in traffic. That's why Lendale White was the guy who usually got the carries between the tackles at USC.

Booker is also patient enough to let blocking develop. Bush often outruns the blocking which is why he's not used much on screens (except bubble screens where it's not necessary to allow the blocking to develop).

Sparano/Henning will certainly find ways to get LoBook the ball this year. He and Ginn should be the two most exciting aspects of the Dolphins offense this year.

Booker is fun to watch. As stated above we need to get him the ball more often this year without question. I never heard of Booker until we drafted him but boy I'm glad we did!

It's hard not to be excited about a guy like Lorenzo Booker, with his explosiveness and speed. He has a chance to be a real play maker on this team, despite Cam Cameron trying to keep him on the bench all-season.

Back
Top Bottom