Booker on Inside the Huddle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker on Inside the Huddle

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
Not sure if it was a repeat or not but it sounds like this kid Booker has a good head on his shoulders. He likens himself to Warrick Dunn and Tiki Barber - how great would that be to compliment Ronnie Brown. On a side note, I didn't know that Marty Booker is his cousin.

dolphins love to get the family thing going.

He's Booker's cousin? That's kinda cool. I mean Booker was a 2 time probowler at one point so at least you know he has some good blood in him.

if this is true, its what Cam is trying to build, that Family feeling.

I love that sig of our new Samoan guys. I think they'll do better this year than people think. Everyone already likes "The Juggernaut" because of that youtube video. Satele should be a starter this fall if he works hard in training camp and does everything that Coach Houck is looking for. :up:

Somebody should take that picture and make T-shirts with it. I'd buy one.

One question that comes to mind is that if the Phins are trying to build the family atmosphere, then why is Mueller trying to trade Marty? That wouldn't make a person feel wanted IMO.

He's Booker's cousin? That's kinda cool. I mean Booker was a 2 time probowler at one point so at least you know he has some good blood in him.

Genetics do not always follow that path though... STEVE McKinney is actually a good player :lol:

Not sure if it was a repeat or not but it sounds like this kid Booker has a good head on his shoulders. He likens himself to Warrick Dunn and Tiki Barber - how great would that be to compliment Ronnie Brown. On a side note, I didn't know that Marty Booker is his cousin.

I heard Lorenzo Booker give an interview on ESPN radio and really was impressed by what he had to say. He sounds like a really sharp guy who has it together and works hard. He said he felt he never he really had an opporunity to show what he could do in college and he feels he should get more playing time with the Phins, especially since Ricky may not be around. I just became a big L. Booker fan from listening to his interview.

It's great that he likens himself to those guys, but in my opinion, his game is no where near those guys. Dunn is small, but Dun runs HARD and is great between the tackles. Booker is not. A stiff wind tackles Booker. Dunn is also faster. Tiki is similar to Dunn in that he is a good between the tackles runner and can break tackles. Both are star NFL backs. I don't think Booker has those skills. Booker is more of a Dave Meggett type back to me than anything. Hopefully he turns out to be more for the Phins, but i don't see it.

I heard Lorenzo Booker give an interview on ESPN radio and really was impressed by what he had to say. He sounds like a really sharp guy who has it together and works hard. He said he felt he never he really had an opporunity to show what he could do in college and he feels he should get more playing time with the Phins, especially since Ricky may not be around. I just became a big L. Booker fan from listening to his interview.

:yes: I think he's going to become one of my favorite players. He had every ounce of potential in HS to be as good as Reggie Bush, but was used too poorly in college. He will be very very exciting, and he with Ginn finally gives the Dolphins some athletes, which were badly needed.

Wow, he's really Marty Booker's cousing? Isn't Ted Ginn like Chambers's cousing or something or was that just a rumor?

i had no idea that marty and lorenzo were cousins...thats pretty awesome. we've got a real family vibe on the field and off the field, both players and fans, we're in it together and everyone whos a dolphin fan is part of a family like here on finheave. to the dolphins and fans everywhere we're one big family!!!!

Isn't Ted Ginn like Chambers's cousing or something or was that just a rumor?
its more like they refered to each other as cousins but aren't really cousins, its like when you call someone Uncle (insert name here) but hes not really ur uncle just someone youve been around your whole life.

Ted Ginn Sr. was Chris Chambers' high school coach, I think. Chris has known Ted Jr.forever, as a result.

Back
Top Bottom