Booker our Randle El? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker our Randle El?

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
I was talking to my friend the other day, and it occured to me that Booker could be very important next year when it comes to Mularkey's trick plays...

As we have seen before Booker has a good arm from being a former QB. He would be a key player as i am not sure any of our other receivers have good arms. In Pitt he used Ward and Randle El, but he had problems with his trick plays in buffalo prolly cause none of his receivers had Qb experience.

It makes that 2.9 mil salary just a little more palatable now...

hdjetta6316 said:
I was talking to my friend the other day, and it occured to me that Booker could be very important next year when it comes to Mularkey's trick plays...

As we have seen before Booker has a good arm from being a former QB. He would be a key player as i am not sure any of our other receivers have good arms. In Pitt he used Ward and Randle El, but he had problems with his trick plays in buffalo prolly cause none of his receivers had Qb experience.

It makes that 2.9 mil salary just a little more palatable now...

??? Booker lacks the speed to run those plays effectivley...who's gonna realy believe were doing a WR reverse w/ Booker??

C'mon..we're not keeping a certain player JUST SO WE COULD MAYBE RUN A TRICK PLAY WITH HIM. If they keep him, it's cause he's pretty good, not cause "oh we're gonna need somebody to make that wide receiver pass".

I think Welker would be more suited for trick plays than Booker.

we did run one with Booker and it worked, he threw a 50 yard pass to Chambers but that was a year ago I don't know if it would work now but it could

Justasportsfan said:
I think Welker would be more suited for trick plays than Booker.

Justa, you dissapoint me...for a sometimes logical person, Welker ?? Sorry, I can't buy that at all...

LarryFinFan said:
Justa, you dissapoint me...for a sometimes logical person, Welker ?? Sorry, I can't buy that at all...
Mularkey is more inclined to use his faster players during trick plays. Evans, Parrish and Reed(very rare) on reverse trick plays. Isn't Welker faster than Booker?

Actually, I would guess that it would have to be considered a possiblity, even if he does it just to fake the play and give the appearance that we have it in the arsenal...

As to his salary, I don't understand why people diss on him so much. All he's done is be a complete compliment to CC and RM and makes plays. He's not as productive as he was in Chicago, but is that his fault or our QBs/OCs fault ?? My opinion is that he's paid commensurate with his worth. If we utilized him better (specifically if we had a better QB and OL) he'd be considered at least a top 15 reciever...

Justasportsfan said:
Mularkey is more inclined to use his faster players during trick plays. Evans, Parrish and Reed on reverse trick plays. Isn't Welker faster than Booker?

Good point, I'm not so sure though that Booker isn't as fast a Welker, Welker is more quick and shifty than fast...Welker is a nice player and fills a role, but the more we ask of him the more problems he'll have...He has a place on the team, but we could do better at #3 WR...

Justasportsfan said:
Mularkey is more inclined to use his faster players during trick plays. Evans, Parrish and Reed(very rare) on reverse trick plays. Isn't Welker faster than Booker?

thats the inclination...but the problem would be Welker is the slot reciever which means that everytime he steps on the field the opposing defense would be ready for a trick play....with Randle EL he is the 2nd reciever and is always on the field

LarryFinFan said:
Good point, I'm not so sure though that Booker isn't as fast a Welker, Welker is more quick and shifty than fast...Welker is a nice player and fills a role, but the more we ask of him the more problems he'll have...He has a place on the team, but we could do better at #3 WR...
Parrish was a rookie coming off a wrist injury. Mularkey had him throwing and running reverses. I can see him going with someone like Welker whether or not he's hardly being used. Like you said, he's shifty and quick. Not necesarily speedy but you don't need a fspeedy guy to gain 5-10 yds.

If Booker has an arm , maybe he'll use booker like the Pitts play in the sb, but reverse plays ? Booker won't be outsprinting anyone.

Ok... so say we get rid of booker...would we be interested in another WR with an Arm to pull some trick plays? if so who's available out there....

Back
Top Bottom