Booker=this years maurice jones drew | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker=this years maurice jones drew

Finsfalife

Quiet Observer
Reaction score
last year pick # 60 jags took drew.....they were ripped for taking such a small back, who couldnt handle nfl hits.....i think we all know how that turned out for them.

This year we took Booker #71 11 picks later. Same style of back, loads of upside....ronnie will bruise, and booker will be the shifty 3rd down back drew is. For those who say its a waste bc of Ricky.....this guy has shafted us over and over, hes comin off a load of injuries and a bad season in the CFL....this is a great insurance policy, and creates possible tradebait....just watch

last year pick # 60 jags took drew.....they were ripped for taking such a small back, who couldnt handle nfl hits.....i think we all know how that turned out for them.

This year we took Booker #71 11 picks later. Same style of back, loads of upside....ronnie will bruise, and booker will be the shifty 3rd down back drew is. For those who say its a waste bc of Ricky.....this guy has shafted us over and over, hes comin off a load of injuries and a bad season in the CFL....this is a great insurance policy, and creates possible tradebait....just watch
:yeahthat:

Drew is small but is very thick and dense. He's built like a tank. Booker isn't as dense and he is at his best when receiving out of the backfield. I like Booker. Good pick for the Fins.

Verrry Different backs..... Lorenzo Booker looks as skinny as Ted Ginn, only about ten pounds heavier.... he better learn to contribute on special teams.
Jones-Drew was at least 220? with monster thighs and a powerful burst

Yeah, Booker isn't as good as Drew. Drew is like a pinball but if you hit Booker he's probably going to the ground. Booker has more potential than the majority of the backs in the draft based totally on ability. But he has never, in his entire career at FSU even approached that potential. This is a guy who came out of high school more sought after than Reggie Bush and who never lived up to any of that hype. He's going to be a decent change of pace and if you can hit him on a screen he can definitely take it. But he's not Jones-Drew. Just look at their collegiate production.

Also here's my problem with the pick. Ok, we have a third down back and someone who can catch the ball out of the backfield in Booker, but wasn't that the appeal of Ronnie? I know that everyone likes the two back format, but let's let Ronnie stay in on third down and catch some balls. How do we know what we have in our former 2 pick if we don't give him the chance to actually be "the guy."

Also, I hope this doesn't mean Ricky is done. He's still the best back on our roster. And you know when all the backs on our roster are at their best you can't deny that.

Chicago took Garrett Wolfe towards the end of the third round. He is 5-7 less than 180 and lead the nation in rushing.

OVERVIEW http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/wolfe_garrett

Wolfe is one of the most electrifying runners in the collegiate game and proof that big things do come in small packages. Built more in the lines of the team manager rather than a featured back, he has rewritten numerous school, Mid-American Conference and NCAA rushing and all-purpose yardage records in his three years on the Northern Illinois gridiron.

------------------------

Booker was rated #1 coming out of High School.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/booker_lorenzo

Booker was regarded as the nation's top running back (Parade and Rivals.com) as a senior at Saint Bonaventure High School. He earned Parade All-American and Prep Star Dream Team honors. He added USA Today All-USA first-team accolades and Tom Lemming's Prep Football Report listed Booker as the third-best overall prospect in the country.
During his three-year high school career, Booker compiled state records of 8,502 rushing yards and 137 touchdowns, leading his team to a 42-0 record. He ran for 2,878 yards and 50 touchdowns, adding 16 receptions for 300 yards and three scores as a senior. He was named California State Player of the Year after rushing for 3,103 yards and 49 touchdowns as a junior.
The product of a heated recruiting war, Booker selected Florida State over Notre Dame, Southern California and Washington. He redshirted as a true freshman in 2002 and saw action in 10 games as a reserve tailback in 2003, sitting out the Georgia Tech, Duke and Colorado games with knee and ankle sprains. He finished third on the team with 334 yards and three touchdowns on 62 carries (5.3 avg). He added 86 yards on 19 catches (4.5 avg) and recorded one solo tackle.

Back
Top Bottom