Booker to outperform his draft value? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker to outperform his draft value?

Green Phin

Starter
Reaction score
Brian Flood from rotoworld.com names Lorenzo Booker among the backup RBs who could outperform their draft values,

[SIZE=+1]Lorenzo Booker, Dolphins[/SIZE]

"This third-round rookie was so good coming out of high school that he was considered somewhat of a bust at Florida State despite leaving the program as its seventh best rusher of all time with 2,298 yards. He's elusive, quick and can take it to the house on any carry. If Ronnie Brown were to miss an extended period of time for whatever reason, you're looking at a potential fantasy stud. If Brown stays healthy, you could easily be looking at this season's Jones-Drew."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=28394

I really like Booker and I hope he does as we all expect. His problem was being in the worst FSU teams in years (it all started when my alma mater, UNC, beat them with an interception returned for a TD by Julius Peppers).

:cooldude:

He's defitinitely one kid I'm interested in seeing play. I've only seen some highlights, but he looks scary fast. We have really improved our total offensive speed. Is it training camp yet??????

If Ronnie is out for an extended period, Lorenzo is still going to have to split carries with somone. He just doesn't have the size to be an every down back... though I could see him being like Jones-Drew last year.

I did not know he was coming out untill we drafted him
He could have been a 1st round pick if FSU had some kinda O-LINE
I hope he Play the way I think he can

If Ronnie is out for an extended period, Lorenzo is still going to have to split carries with somone. He just doesn't have the size to be an every down back... though I could see him being like Jones-Drew last year.

Jones drew actually weighs like 210. booker is not really that small about 195 5 10. the same was said about Barber. I would be excited to see what booker could do in extended duty and would rather give him 20 carries a game than split with cobbs or chatman.

That would be good enough, but who will do the returns :evil:

Jones-Drew is a different rb than Booker. He's only 5'7" and weighs 212lbs. The guy was also a bonafide stud. Almost hit the 1,000 yard mark while tallying 13 rushing td's and nearly 50 receptions in a back up role. He returned kicks too. Also has a great set of wheels and the motor to go with them. I doubt Booker will be that effective, at least this soon. I'd love to be wrong though :wink:

he reminds me of a reggie bush type of player, extremely good agility and heart, got some nice speed on him too.

3rd down plays look for the draw to booker

Leon Washington burnt us bad a couple times last year with this same game of 'keep-away'. I can't wait to see what Booker with a chip on his shoulder can provide!

This is turning out to be a very exciting draft. Most of the time, it's a few players that you can't wait to see get on the field. But, I'm really looking forward to seeing how every one of our picks turn out. Can't wait for camp.

I would love to see what Booker can do for us. I've seen a bit of this kid in action and I've liked what I seen.

I think he was the best value pick we got. I think we got a steal with him. Satele, Solai, Booker and Kelvin Smith are the players I think are going to be the players to watch. (hopefully Ginn also)

I agree with everything you had to say. FSU's OL and offense as a whole has been horrible for the last 3 years at best. There situation has been comparable to our on offense. I think Booker will contribute because he is really elusive and he is a great football player.

Back
Top Bottom