Boomer Grigsby on ESPN radio last night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Grigsby on ESPN radio last night

leib5638

Scout Team
Reaction score
Did anybody hear FB Boomer Grigsby on ESPN radio last night?

I was wondering, who do you think will make the team. Him or Maui or both? It sounds like we expressed a lot of interest in him to get him to come here, so I don't know if that bodes well for Mauia. Grigsby sounded like a great guy with a good head on his shoulders.

In the interview he said one of the main reasons he came to Miami (besides our running backs coach who came from KC) was that he was excited to block for Ronnie and Ricky. He said it was an exciting time to be a Dolphin, Parcells runs a business like hard nosed operation.

Pretty basic interview, I was just wondering who our FB will be. How did Mauia do last year??

I'm not a fan of Boomer's. He's been fairly unimpressive in my eyes, that being said, Reagan hasn't done much to seperate himself from Boomer. Boomer will make the team, but if an upgrade is available through waivers (possibly Peyton Hillis), Boomer will get kicked to the curb.

I think Grigsby will win it. The regime has no ties to Mauia and he hasn't proven himself to be a better option than Grigsby. Plus Boomer is a much better special teams player.

I'm not a fan of Boomer's. He's been fairly unimpressive in my eyes, that being said, Reagan hasn't done much to seperate himself from Boomer. Boomer will make the team, but if an upgrade is available through waivers (possibly Peyton Hillis), Boomer will get kicked to the curb.

I would absolutely love to have Peyton Hillis. He's got hands that would make Ronnie Brown sweat.

Parcells & Co. brought him in here, so I have to think if the Phins stick to one fullback, he's going to have the edge.

I would absolutely love to have Peyton Hillis. He's got hands that would make Ronnie Brown sweat.

This regime always talks about how the FB needs to be versatile. Well, anybody who watched Hillis in college knows how versatile this guy can be. He can run block, he can run with the ball, he can catch, the dude can do it all. If Cecil Sapp hangs onto his job in Denver and Hillis gets let go, I have to believe the Dolphins would move in on him.

I just don't get how fans think in such absolutes. The coaches are still trying to sort things out, it's not like we're the Pats and we know exactly what we have. Boomer is also quite a good ST player, it part of the reason he was brought here.

What feelthepain said, Boomer was brought here for his special teams contributions and to compete with Mauia.

I think you can go ahead and pencil in Boomer for top FB. But, he's in serious competition with a Sean Ryan or Justin Peelle. We could keep four TEs instead of a FB.

Bottom line with Grigsby is that Mauia got into legal trouble, doesn't play STs well, and James Saxon was allowed to bring in his own ringer.

I think you can go ahead and pencil in Boomer for top FB. But, he's in serious competition with a Sean Ryan or Justin Peelle. We could keep four TEs instead of a FB.

Bottom line with Grigsby is that Mauia got into legal trouble, doesn't play STs well, and James Saxon was allowed to bring in his own ringer.

just too bad we cannot find a team that lines up 11 pieces of drywall on defense.

i hope boomer gets it, he is from about 45min from me and some of my buddies from college played HS ball with him.

FB was a weakness when he was here. hes a prime example of why a pass catching FB is overrated.

Say what . Konrad was a good blocker and receiver. His main problem was staying healthy. Konrad was a very good all around fullback.

Back
Top Bottom