Boomer rated V.Wilfork as the 6th best DT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer rated V.Wilfork as the 6th best DT

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Boomer, boomer, Boomer:confused:

I have readed your evaluation. of V.Wilfork , will i agree that he could have been more dominant on the College levels

agree that sometime he seem to take plays off

BUT i know V.Wilfork college carear was very difficulty for him with the passing
of not one but two family member one of them being his mother(not sure but i think the other was his father)as will as becoming a young father.

the canes was luck that VW don't not quit are sitt out a year ,that a tough hand to be deal (family member passing not the birth of his child)

VW will regain his form.In te NFL

Boomer i'm not disagree with you evaluation of Wilfork, just his ranking. :confused: the 6th best dt

IMO he is the best D lineman in the draft not a SAPP but a TEZ kennedy fo'sure

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Boomer's opinion (an opinion that we all value).

He does point out that Wilfork will probably be the first or second DT taken.

A valid point is made, if Wilfork took plays off in college, why wouldn't he do it in the pros.

Whoa, trying to decipher the English in that post, I agree there is no way Wilfork is the 6th best DT in this draft.

Personally, I think someone like Tommie Harris did no more dominating than Wilfork in college.

For our system, I'll take Wilfork and Tubbs over any other DT in this draft.

sorry miss-edFG lol

will i guess i d-i-s agree with his opinion

not trying to bring down Boomer valued to the board
just don't like where he rank VW that all
VW sitation hit at home with me

Last edited by a moderator:
I like reading the write-ups by anyone interested enough to put the time in to evaluate these players (even the huddle report's drew boyland (sp?) But you can't take anyone's opinion as the truth or inevitability... As interesting as it is to read Boomer's stuff, he wasn't all that accurate last year either.

man i really don't want to turn this thread in to bashing BOOMer

i love his write-up as well his post

I just disagree w/ his ranking of VW
not his evaluation.

Sorry, don't mean to bash... like I said, I really like reading the opinions of others. Opinions. This time of the year who knows what is right? (take the Rivers debate... dear god) Pastabelli has him as the #2 QB, Kiper had him as the #4 QB right before the senior bowl... Maybe Boomer hasn't watched the certain games that you watched, or noticed different things (check out the draft central thread, above, for some good posts by caneproud regarding the different opinions of DT's).

It's fun, but you can't get worked up about it.

Originally posted by finsnchips
It is Boomer's opinion (an opinion that we all value).

He does point out that Wilfork will probably be the first or second DT taken.

A valid point is made, if Wilfork took plays off in college, why wouldn't he do it in the pros.

Not to bust your chops, but I've seen your posts advocating the selection of Carey and taking plays off was the knock on Carey as well. Do you also assume that Carey will take plays off in the pros?

I wonder if the "taking plays off" reports aren't due to the player's concentration, not laziness. These guys (1st rounders) are way above their competition- and may lose a little spirit at times. The high motor guys are rare indeed... but alot of the times those guys are smaller, and make up for their lack in physical ability with a mental desire in overdrive.

For comparison here are Boomer top ten DT's

Starks
Dockett
Lavalais
Harris
Edwards
Wilfork
Tubbs
Washington
Olshansky
Childress

Mel Kiper's

Harris
Wifork
Olshansky
Dockett
Sopoaga
Edwards
Starks
Tubbs
Johnson
Askew

Frank Coyle's

Wilfork
Harris
Starks
Tubbs
Dockett
Sopoago
Edwards
Lavalais
Washington
Olshansky

Pro Football Weekly

Harris
Wilfork
Tubbs
Edwards
Dockett
Askew
Johnson
Washington
Sopoago
McNeil

My point???? The ratings for DT this year seem to be very diverse with a lot of players bunched and few able to seperate themselves from the pack.

Thanks Boomer for the analysis. It is thourough and exhaustive.

Hey Mia4ever - I don't take it as "bashing Boomer" at all. You're more than welcome to criticise my ratings. After all, they are just my opinions and as I always say around this sort of stuff, it would be boring if we all thought the same.

I totally take on board Vince's personal situation. Having just lost my own father in a car accident a few weeks ago, I know how it takes you 'out of your game' as it were, in every aspect of life. I just felt whenever I was watching Wilfork, that he had super, super skills. But to my mind he wasn't consistent enough to merit the sort of platitudes that are being dished out. I'm CERTAIN that he'll come off the board higher than I have him ranked, but that list is, as I mentioned, just one guys opinion.

Tee Money - what do you mean, "he wasn't all that accurate last year either?". I don't recall doing any indepth draft stuff for Fin Heaven. All I remember is doing a lot of stuff for Great Blue North, that involved telling you all sorts of picks that were going to happen in the week running up to draft day that actually came off......I was told that the Bills were going to draft, as sure as the journalist who told me was, that they were drafting Willis McGahee in R1. That was the Monday b4 the draft.

I can't recall being deadly inaccurate, but if you think otherwise, then I'm sorry, but I can't recall a specific.

No worries Ohio......just trying to finish the safeties off, watching the hours disappear, knowing that I still have the corners to do, plus some other bits and bobs for FH, which should be real nice for next week :)

Hey, this time next week, we'll ALL be a lot happier (hopefully!!!)

Originally posted by Boomer
Tee Money - what do you mean, "he wasn't all that accurate last year either?".

I didn't say you were "deadly innaccurate". There were a few things you were off on... you do have some good insight on LB's, Safeties, and QB's.

Again, I don't/didn't mean to bash, just encouraging the lad that it is all opinions, and his is just as good anyone's... right now :tongue:

Originally posted by Boomer
Hey Mia4ever - I don't take it as "bashing Boomer" at all. You're more than welcome to criticise my ratings. After all, they are just my opinions and as I always say around this sort of stuff, it would be boring if we all thought the same.

I totally take on board Vince's personal situation. Having just lost my own father in a car accident a few weeks ago, I know how it takes you 'out of your game' as it were, in every aspect of life. I just felt whenever I was watching Wilfork, that he had super, super skills. But to my mind he wasn't consistent enough to merit the sort of platitudes that are being dished out. I'm CERTAIN that he'll come off the board higher than I have him ranked, but that list is, as I mentioned, just one guys opinion.

Tee Money - what do you mean, "he wasn't all that accurate last year either?". I don't recall doing any indepth draft stuff for Fin Heaven. All I remember is doing a lot of stuff for Great Blue North, that involved telling you all sorts of picks that were going to happen in the week running up to draft day that actually came off......I was told that the Bills were going to draft, as sure as the journalist who told me was, that they were drafting Willis McGahee in R1. That was the Monday b4 the draft.

I can't recall being deadly inaccurate, but if you think otherwise, then I'm sorry, but I can't recall a specific.
Hey Boomer, I didn't know about your dad. Sorry to hear that and I hope you're doing good mate. I have always enjoyed reading anything you have to write about on this board and on the other board when I used to visit it.

Ozzy rules!!

Boomer,

Im also sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope all is well in Jolly England and that you are keep your head up.

Back
Top Bottom