Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016 | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016

Deflategate's pretty damn funny. :brewskis:

Kraft will not appeal Patriots punishment. just reported.

He doesn't want his team to look even worse.

Revis chimes in: Patriots have "done stuff in the past"

SRC: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-revis-patriots-have-a-history-of-doing-stuff

Darrelle Revis won a Super Bowl with Tom Brady, but he's not going to let his former teammate off the hook on the subject of the Patriots' ball deflation scandal.

"Everybody's blowing it up because it is Tom Brady," Revis told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. "I understand that. But if (the NFL) feels he did the crime or he did something and they want to penalize them, then that's that. (The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that. ... Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past."

Brady has appealed his four-game suspension, which came down from the NFL after Ted Wells' independent investigation found it was "more probable than not" that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" regarding the deflation of Patriots game balls used in the AFC Championship Game against the Colts.

Revis was a rookie when the Patriots were disciplined for videotaping the Jets' sideline during a game in 2007. The star cornerback doesn't believe the Patriots' pattern of behavior can be ignored.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis said. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis doesn't have any sympathy for Brady's situation.

"If I fail a drug test, then I fail a drug test. If I get a DUI, I get a DUI," Revis said. "If Tom gets caught with a DUI, it's a DUI. ... If they are saying that he did what he's done, then the suspension is the suspension. I'm not the commissioner and don't make the rules. If they want to change (the suspension) based on new information or new evidence, then OK, but it should have nothing to do with Tom being the face (of the NFL)."

Revis' cameo in New England suddenly feels like a distant memory.

Nfl.com put an asterisk next to Brady's* name when comparing him to the top QBs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...reigns-among-top-10-qbs-tom-brady-takes-a-hit

That's how his career should be defined: with an asterisk. If you think about it his entire career and every Super Bowl appearance and win was under a cloud of cheating. Everybody calls him the greatest QB. But why? How do we know that if everything is equal he would have had such a 'great' career. We don't. There is not one season where he played on an even playing field like the rest of the league.

We are talking about a lousy 4-game suspension. In any other professional sports league teams like the Patriots who got caught cheating for the second time would have gotten the 'death penalty'. Well most leagues have a playing levels below the top Pro league so they would have been moved down a few notches. Players like Brady would get multi-year suspensions and in some cases life time bans. Just to keep the integrity of the game alive.

The reason why Kraft did not appeal on behalf of the team is simple: an appeal would have opened a full fledged investigation. The chances of uncovering more dirt and the extend of Deflategate could have been devastating to the Pats. I am sure his good friend Gooddell told him so.

Brady should not be listed next to the greats of this game.

That's how his career should be defined: with an asterisk. If you think about it his entire career and every Super Bowl appearance and win was under a cloud of cheating. Everybody calls him the greatest QB. But why? How do we know that if everything is equal he would have had such a 'great' career. We don't. There is not one season where he played on an even playing field like the rest of the league.

We are talking about a lousy 4-game suspension. In any other professional sports league teams like the Patriots who got caught cheating for the second time would have gotten the 'death penalty'. Well most leagues have a playing levels below the top Pro league so they would have been moved down a few notches. Players like Brady would get multi-year suspensions and in some cases life time bans. Just to keep the integrity of the game alive.

The reason why Kraft did not appeal on behalf of the team is simple: an appeal would have opened a full fledged investigation. The chances of uncovering more dirt and the extend of Deflategate could have been devastating to the Pats. I am sure his good friend Gooddell told him so.

Brady should not be listed next to the greats of this game.

There is not an *, he's possibly the best ever(the best I have ever seen). In every era players and teams will do anything to find an edge., This is no different.

as far as the suspension over this tiny issue, he's been suspended 25% of his teams games. That is a large suspension and he deserves it for lying but the issue itself is a minor one. slightly deflating a ball is not running an avg QB into a great one.

Consciously doing something that you know is against league rules is deserving of this punishment.

For this instance, trying to sneak a ball by the refs just under the minimum PSI would be one thing, but defalting the ball after it is checked by the refs is another.
If he didn't need to cheat then why did he? Why would he risk getting caught if he didn't need that edge?

Consciously doing something that you know is against league rules is deserving of this punishment.

For this instance, trying to sneak a ball by the refs just under the minimum PSI would be one thing, but defalting the ball after it is checked by the refs is another.
If he didn't need to cheat then why did he? Why would he risk getting caught if he didn't need that edge?

That is my point. If he is so great why need that edge of cheating? The greats are great without breaking the rules.
And we should never forget that the Pats got caught before.

Junc adds more to this site than you ever have or will
There is not an *, he's possibly the best ever(the best I have ever seen). In every era players and teams will do anything to find an edge., This is no different.

as far as the suspension over this tiny issue, he's been suspended 25% of his teams games. That is a large suspension and he deserves it for lying but the issue itself is a minor one. slightly deflating a ball is not running an avg QB into a great one.

View attachment 14867

Beg to differ about that.

Any honest person, who watches the Titans/Cheats 2009 snow game will notice something is really amiss. The Titans are fumbling all over the place while the Cheats don't fumble. Brady's taking snaps from shotgun, doing flea flickers, and has record setting day while Collins, taking snap under center, had 2-12 pass attempt.

Here's the game's highlights:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81382f02/Patriots-59-Titans-0

Ball deflation is why the Shady and the Cheats always play better late in the year when it starts getting colder. Playing with a deflated ball becomes an even bigger advantage then. When an ENTIRE offense has an advatage like that, yes, it can make an average QB look great. I suspect Shady would have had an 80% career QBR at best.

This game also indicates to me that the coaching knows very well about the ball being deflated. Calling for a flea flicker in a game like that? C'mon...

Beg to differ about that.

Any honest person, who watches the Titans/Cheats 2009 snow game will notice something is really amiss. The Titans are fumbling all over the place while the Cheats don't fumble. Brady's taking snaps from shotgun, doing flea flickers, and has record setting day while Collins, taking snap under center, had 2-12 pass attempt.

Here's the game's highlights:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81382f02/Patriots-59-Titans-0

Ball deflation is why the Shady and the Cheats always play better late in the year when it starts getting colder. Playing with a deflated ball becomes an even bigger advantage then.

This game also indicates to me that the coaching knows very well about the ball being deflated. Calling for a flea flicker in a game like that? C'mon...

Clearly that was why they won 59-0.

Back
Top Bottom