Brandon Marshall...Another big receiver vs. Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall...Another big receiver vs. Fins

PYRO

Family Man
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I love the fins with all my heart, And would want nothing bad to befall them. But Brandon Marshall is starting on my Fantasy league for obvious reasons this upcoming week....the Phins CAN'T stop big, physical receivers.

I'm kinda scared going into this game because Marshall is a beast and Will Allen is going to have his hands full trying to cover a guy like him.

I also would want Ginn to do an Excellent job coming off a career game vs the Bills but he will be matched up on none other than CHAMP BAILEY...one of the best Shut out Corners to ever play the game.

Expect us to try to establish the run game early and don't expect us to attack the air as quickly as we might hope. We shall see and I hope the best for the Phins.

But as it stands right now Brandon has advantage on Fins and Ginn does not have advantage playing Denver. Expect Fasano and Martin to have another fantastic game and hopefully the R&R express can carry us on there back on Offense.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the Broncos v Patriots game, Champ went out with a groin injury. He had a bye week this week and might play this game, but It is possible he is out which would be a HUGE PLUS for the Phins passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with jason allen playing, it might be different for the dolphins this week.

Jason Allen is not a Champ Bailey. I hope you are right but Don't expect Allen to all the sudden show up and play a fantastic game against one of the best receivers in the league right now.

The only difference I see coming with Allen playing might be more deep passes by the Broncos...

Considering how poorly we've done against bigger receivers this year, I'd be surprised if JA didn't get his shot at covering Marshall. It'll be a test for him, but does the team really have anyone better to throw at this guy?

Champ Bailey has a torn groin muscle and will be out for 3-4 weeks. It will either be veteran Karl Paymah or rookie Jack Williams manning Bailey's LCB spot.

While Jason Allen is not a Champ Bailey, he does offer a physical presence at CB that should allow him some advantages over the smaller Will Allen and Andre Goodman against Marshall in certain situations.

I see Marshall being a problem as well as Tony Scheffler if he is back from injury.

I love the fins with all my heart, And would want nothing bad to befall them. But Brandon Marshall is starting on my Fantasy league for obvious reasons this upcoming week....the Phins CAN'T stop big, physical receivers.

I'm kinda scared going into this game because Marshall is a beast and Will Allen is going to have his hands full trying to cover a guy like him.

I also would want Ginn to do an Excellent job coming off a career game vs the Bills but he will be matched up on none other than CHAMP BAILEY...one of the best Shut out Corners to ever play the game.

Expect us to try to establish the run game early and don't expect us to attack the air as quickly as we might hope. We shall see and I hope the best for the Phins.

But as it stands right now Brandon has advantage on Fins and Ginn does not have advantage playing Denver. Expect Fasano and Martin to have another fantastic game and hopefully the R&R express can carry us on there back on Offense.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the Broncos v Patriots game, Champ went out with a groin injury. He had a bye week this week and might play this game, but It is possible he is out which would be a HUGE PLUS for the Phins passing game.

He's out 4-6 weeks, he definately wont be back for this game.

I am worried because the Broncos came from a bye an dbeing spanked by the Patsies, they will be playing hard

Do not underestimate how hard Denver has worked to be the worst defense in football. They've been at this for years and it's finally paying off.

Ginn does not have advantage playing Denver.

You covered the injury, even if he plays, Champ may not be 100%.

But think about this.......

Due to the high altitude, Chad's ball will get another 15 yards of flight on the deep ball :)

I'd say that gives Ginn a nice little advantage :)

I agree with most of the points made. I would hope that Jason Allen plays on Marshall the size advantage would be less and Allen is a strong kid just get Marshall off his game he is Cutler's first read so Have Allen jam him or just get in his face and disrupt him and let Joey, Roth and the D line finish off Cutler.

I think Will Allen on Eddie Royal is a better matchup i think Will can hold him down. So I think that a combo of Goodman and Allen Marshall should be able to keep him down. Bell will have to work on their TE.

Hopefully they wont have much time on the field because we run for 300+ yards.

I'm not that worried about this game as much I was against the Bills. I think the Broncos have been studying us, but I don't think they've been studying the Wildcat as much as they should. We haven't used it much lately, even though it was effective against Buff. I think they are concerned about our running game, but I think our passing game is respectable now. That will make it easier for us to run and allow Pennington to do what he does best, play action and controlling the game, which will keep the Bronco's offense off the field as much as possible. Our Secondary has stepped up, but I think we will struggle against them. We're inconsistent, so who knows? We could be able to stop them or we will get torched. We have won all of our underdog games and we have lost all of our "supposed to win" games.

Jason Allen is not a Champ Bailey. I hope you are right but Don't expect Allen to all the sudden show up and play a fantastic game against one of the best receivers in the league right now.

The only difference I see coming with Allen playing might be more deep passes by the Broncos...

JA is big, athletic and fast. He matches up against a bigger WR better than Will Allen or Goodman.
The big, physical WR's (Boldin etc) don't beat you by blowing by you, they beat you by outmuscling you at the line of scrimmage and when the ball is in the air.
JA can compete better against those types of players

Back
Top Bottom