Brandon Marshall...Another big receiver vs. Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall...Another big receiver vs. Fins

Jason Allen needs to be covering Marshall. We've seen the destruction of all the others with Boldin, Fitzgerald, and A. Johnson. I think it's time to see what he's got. Getting pressure is going to be key in this game as well. The more time Cutler has, the more likely he is to find someone that can make a play (Marshall, Royal, Stoakley, Scheffler, Young, etc.). I'm hoping we can run the ball effectively and keep that offense off the field.

If the Broncos win this game, it will be because of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, there's no doubt about it. I feel very good about our offense against their defense but that didn't stop us from losing the Texans game.

Their wide receivers certainly pose a tremendous problem for our inferior secondary. Jason Allen against Brandon Marshall would certainly be a better matchup but Eddie Royal is a pesky, pesky receiver who will give Will Allen fits at the line of scrimmage. I really don't see us stopping their corps of receivers at all so therefore, we're going to have to outscore them. For this to happen, we're going to have to execute everything to perfection. No mistakes. No turnovers and we'll need Ted Ginn to shorten the field on special teams during punt returns-if we can force them to punt.

Unfortunately I dont think anyone on this team can stop Marshall considering hes prolly a top 5 at least top 10 WR in the NFL and not many teams have a true shut down corner. We are 25th in the league against the pass including:
80yard 1 TD game againts Coles
153 yards for Fitz and 140 yards and 3 td for Boldin in the same game
178 yards and a TD for Andre Johnson
87 yards and a td for Derrick Mason (also only the 2nd passing TD for the Ravens)
116 yards for Lee Evans.

But Denver is 28th against the pass and 30th against the run making them 30th overall. But I'm not so much worried about our offense vs their defense or vice versa (although I do see Marshall having at least 100 and possibly a TD). What worries me is the location of the game. We are going to Denver a very tough place to play literally cause of the altitiude and figuartive because of their crowd and very good home record. I think as long as we establish the run and slow the game down and get a few stops and a turnover or 2 we can pull it off but this will be another game i go into not expecting anything.

Unfortunately I dont think anyone on this team can stop Marshall considering hes prolly a top 5 at least top 10 WR in the NFL and not many teams have a true shut down corner. We are 25th in the league against the pass including:
80yard 1 TD game againts Coles
153 yards for Fitz and 140 yards and 3 td for Boldin in the same game
178 yards and a TD for Andre Johnson
87 yards and a td for Derrick Mason (also only the 2nd passing TD for the Ravens)
116 yards for Lee Evans.

But Denver is 28th against the pass and 30th against the run making them 30th overall. But I'm not so much worried about our offense vs their defense or vice versa (although I do see Marshall having at least 100 and possibly a TD). What worries me is the location of the game. We are going to Denver a very tough place to play literally cause of the altitiude and figuartive because of their crowd and very good home record. I think as long as we establish the run and slow the game down and get a few stops and a turnover or 2 we can pull it off but this will be another game i go into not expecting anything.

Not only the altitude but also the climate. For the past four games or the entire month of October, however you like to look at it, we've been playing in warm weather climates. We've had three games at home and one in Houston which is considerably warm this time of year. Denver gets kinda chilly this time of year and it'll be interesting to see if it affects the team early in the game as they adjust.

No one seems to mention the injury that has hampered Brandon Marshall the last few games. He's not been putting up huge numbers lately and he has a groin injury. No way am I saying that he's not going to come back and put up some numbers on us, but if he continues his trend up until now, i'm not too badly concerned about him. What IS concerning is the fact that a groin pull can be rehabbed rather quickly, unless they're made to practice. Maybe with their bye week, the team is back to full speed and healthy which would be bad for the Phins. We'll just have to wait for the updated injury report.

Seems like half of their team has a torn/pulled groin. WTF is up with their strength and conditioning. Stokely might be back after having his 10th career concussion.

List of Bronco's personnel with a pulled groin:
clear.gif

• Selvin Young RB

• Champ Bailey CB

• Brandon Marshall WR

• Tony Scheffler TE

• Josh Shaw DT

• Spencer Larson FB

• Ryan Clady T

• Ebenezer Ekuban DE

Most of those were listed on their injury report for the Patriots game, and Champ Bailey pulled his during the game against the Patriots.

INJURY REPORT from before the Patriots/Broncos game. (October 28th)

Brandon Marshall Stats for those that want to check his latest production levels (last 4 weeks up until their bye)

Back
Top Bottom