Brandon Marshall calls Ravens game "defining moment" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall calls Ravens game "defining moment"

I agree. next 2 games are against teams who are in a similiar position to us. We lose the next 2 we can kiss it goodbye this early, we go 1-1 we will be really, really close to kissing it good bye as we would need to rely heavily on other teams. As i always say, even if we play well keep it close but lose the next 2 we don;t seserve to be in the playoffs. You have to be able to beat the potential playoff teams if you want to get in. Neither game will be easy, should be interesting.

We have 9 upcoming games. Of those nine, 5 are against bottom feeders, and 4 are against tough(but not impossible) contenders.

Its not the end of the world if we don't beat Baltimore(though i know this will go ignored and people will be screaming for our coach to be fired and QB to be benched). In my opinion, this game is easily the hardest on our upcoming schedule. If we play them tough and continue to show improvement, ill be content with a loss and look at it as a building block.

We have 9 upcoming games. Of those nine, 5 are against bottom feeders, and 4 are against tough(but not impossible) contenders.

Its not the end of the world if we don't beat Baltimore(though i know this will go ignored and people will be screaming for our coach to be fired and QB to be benched). In my opinion, this game is easily the hardest on our upcoming schedule. If we play them tough and continue to show improvement, ill be content with a loss and look at it as a building block.
i disagree that its not the end of the world if we lose to baltimore. ya technically the world will go on, we can still ''TECHNICALLY'' win out and prob get in at 12-4, but our obstacle on getting in would be much harder.

we would have 4 losses so far this year, those 4 losses to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYJ, and NE. with a loss this week, their is a solid chance we are 2 games back in the standings of pitt and 3 due to tiebreaker, 2 games back of Baltimore and 3 due to tiebreaker, 2 games back to nyj and 3 games due to tiebreaker, and 3 games back of New England and 4 due to tiebreaker. that is a very high mountain to climb if we lose.

this is a must win.

comming off the bye I expect Baltimore to be tough but Tenn even tougher next week. Tenn will be at home which should give us an edge but so far home has helped marginally.

i disagree that its not the end of the world if we lose to baltimore. ya technically the world will go on, we can still ''TECHNICALLY'' win out and prob get in at 12-4, but our obstacle on getting in would be much harder.

we would have 4 losses so far this year, those 4 losses to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYJ, and NE. with a loss this week, their is a solid chance we are 2 games back in the standings of pitt and 3 due to tiebreaker, 2 games back of Baltimore and 3 due to tiebreaker, 2 games back to nyj and 3 games due to tiebreaker, and 3 games back of New England and 4 due to tiebreaker. that is a very high mountain to climb if we lose.

this is a must win.

The conference record will be the hardest thing to overcome. In fact, it might already be out of reach(bar something crazy like winning out). Yet, ignoring teams like Buffalo and Chicago, of the "hard" 4 where do the Ravens rank? Personally, i see them better then any of the other 3(Tennessee, New York, and New England), so its not unreasonable for us to struggle against them.

If we take the games we are "suppose" to win, and win a game or two against teams we are on the same level of, then thats still 10 or 11 wins. I simply don't see that much of a difference on our season if we were to lose to Baltimore and win against, say, Tennessee the following week. It's all going to be close and the thing we have to focus on are the games we "should" take care of.

In the interview with Michael Irvin, Brandon Marshall stated that every week is a defining moment and he would say such if asked.

comming off the bye I expect Baltimore to be tough but Tenn even tougher next week. Tenn will be at home which should give us an edge but so far home has helped marginally.

Home hasn't helped at all. They lose to Baltimore then almost all tiebreakers will be against them. They beat Tenn, there is still a tiny heartbeat.

People if you haven't realized yet that 10-6 or 11-5 wont get us in the playoffs this year with the losses being to NE NY Pitt and If it is Balt and Tenn losses also that record wont get it done do to tiebreaker situations....

Notice they are all AFC teams...

There are currently 5 playoff spots open for 8 legit teams (1 spot to AFC West div Winner lets say KC)
That leaves 5 spots... 3 more divison champs and 2 wildcard spots.

Legit teams
NE div leader 6-1
NY 5-2
Pitt div leader tied w balt 5-2
Balt div leader tied w pitt 5-2
Miami 4-3
Tenn 5-3
Colts div leader 5-2
Houston 4-3

END OF STORY THESE NEXT TWO GAMES ARE MUST WINS IF WE WANNA CONTROL OUR DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be sobering because the bigger picture would show that the Dolphins are 0-4 against upper echelon AFC teams. It would reveal a lot about this team and would demonstrate that they are not playoff caliber. Moral victories don't count in the standings.

The conference record will be the hardest thing to overcome. In fact, it might already be out of reach(bar something crazy like winning out). Yet, ignoring teams like Buffalo and Chicago, of the "hard" 4 where do the Ravens rank? Personally, i see them better then any of the other 3(Tennessee, New York, and New England), so its not unreasonable for us to struggle against them.

If we take the games we are "suppose" to win, and win a game or two against teams we are on the same level of, then thats still 10 or 11 wins. I simply don't see that much of a difference on our season if we were to lose to Baltimore and win against, say, Tennessee the following week. It's all going to be close and the thing we have to focus on are the games we "should" take care of.
the conference record, although important, does not come into affect if you have played a team head to head. since we will have played balt, pitt, tenn, etc, the tiebreakers will be based on head to head, not conference record.

It would be sobering because the bigger picture would show that the Dolphins are 0-4 against upper echelon AFC teams. It would reveal a lot about this team and would demonstrate that they are not playoff caliber. Moral victories don't count in the standings.

Don't get me wrong, by no means am i rooting for us to lose sunday, i would love for us to take it to them. That being said, im also realistic and know that even if we were to get knocked down, we have more chances down the road to recover.
While our conference record is lacking, we still have 3 division games and another "playoff caliber" team(Tennessee) coming up.

In my opinion, Baltimore is the best team in a loaded AFC. If we were to lose a close one against them, then turn around and beat up on the Titans, i would not be on this board screaming "the end is nigh! the end is nigh!" but instead be looking forward to the rest of the schedule.
Then again, im one of the few that believes this season could still be good and important to our team's future even if we dont win the superbowl.

the conference record, although important, does not come into affect if you have played a team head to head. since we will have played balt, pitt, tenn, etc, the tiebreakers will be based on head to head, not conference record.

Fair enough, i mistyped. I stated conference record because their are others teams that could pass us by outside of the ones we play(San Diego, Houston...and well, thats pretty much it). I meant for "head to head" to be included as part of our "conference record".

I agree. next 2 games are against teams who are in a similiar position to us. We lose the next 2 we can kiss it goodbye this early, we go 1-1 we will be really, really close to kissing it good bye as we would need to rely heavily on other teams. As i always say, even if we play well keep it close but lose the next 2 we don;t seserve to be in the playoffs. You have to be able to beat the potential playoff teams if you want to get in. Neither game will be easy, should be interesting.

this.

next 2 games are very definitive games for the fins. Potential big win against another tough road opponent (+AFC); and potential first win at home against anyone, but a tough opponent (+AFC).

In the interview with Michael Irvin, Brandon Marshall stated that every week is a defining moment and he would say such if asked.

This. I listened to the interview and Marshall said that every week what happens in the game will define the team. Doesn't mean any one win is more important than another.

That said, I think this is a big game because we need a better record against AFC teams for tie breakers. I think we can will too.

Back
Top Bottom