Brandon Marshall endorses Tony Sparano, “not sure” about Chad Henne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall endorses Tony Sparano, “not sure” about Chad Henne

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall supported embattled coach Tony Sparano Thursday, calling him “awesome.” His words regarding his quarterback Chad Henne were more measured.

Marshall said he’s “not sure” the duo could be great in 2011 together and then dispensed some advice.
“Just got to let it go, you know?” Marshall said via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “Don’t worry about the consequences. Just throw it up and see what happens. Throw a pick or whatever. Let’s live and die by it. We want to play smart football and we want to be consistent, but at the same time if you look at what teams do with Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, that’s something I’m used to in the past. Just guys believing in me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...orses-tony-sparano-not-sure-about-chad-henne/

The only problem is that the coaches have smashed into Henne's head not to do just that. This team is starting to make my head hurt......

The only problem is that the coaches have smashed into Henne's head not to do just that. This team is starting to make my head hurt......

Amen brother!!! This is why I say that no matter what QB we drafted, our coaching staff wouldn't know how to get them to the next level.

The ridiculous amount of comeback routes are all I need to know about this coaching staff and why the offense will never be successful until there's At Least a new offensive coordinator, idc who's at QB they wont do squat with the plays being called.

Yes but cant u see the real problem? Coaches are supposed to say that they are coaches. Now with that said. Chad Henne still plays like a bonehead every Sunday at some point in the game. There's no consistency. Also, this offense is not difficult to grasp. He should know where everyone is on the field on every play

Problem is the coaching staff doesn't trust Henne for obvious reasons. he is limited across the board. You can't work with Henne. U have to give him basic plays and tell him no matter what U do don't throw the ball to the other team. U think they tell Pennington that? Or if they had brees or any one of these other great leaders? Hell naw. Henne should of grown a pair
Of robot nuts while he had the chance and it's not too late

Sparano has done a lot of things wrong, and it may cost him his job, but there is something to be said about an entire locker room having his back.

Yes but cant u see the real problem? Coaches are supposed to say that they are coaches. Now with that said. Chad Henne still plays like a bonehead every Sunday at some point in the game. There's no consistency. Also, this offense is not difficult to grasp. He should know where everyone is on the field on every play

I am not saying that henne has not made his mistakes, but I also know that the fo has screwed with this kid and the offense. The best henne has looked this year was when we were spread out against the titans. So what do we do we do we run so many one wr sets with two tightened. It does not take a genius to see that the oc does not help henne or the offense at all. Now with that being said this whole offenses philosophy has to be changed. We would be good if we had a running game like the years before that helped henne into 3rd and short. But when you have a terrible running game like we had this year it does not help henne in the lest and we have become one dimensional this year. Hell even when we had a rushing game going we went away from it or when henne gets going we pull him for the wildcat. Like I said this team makes my head hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not saying that henne has not made his mistakes, but I also know that the fo has screwed with this kid and the offense. The best henne has looked this year was when we were spread out against the titans. So we do we run so many one wr sets with two tightened. It does not take a genius to see that the oc does not help henne or the offense at all. Now with that being said this whole offenses philosophy has to be changed. We would be good if we had a running game like the years before that helped henne into 3rd and short. But when you have a terrible running game like we had this year it does not help henne in the lest and we have become one dimensional this year. Hell even when we had a rushing game going we went away from it or when henne gets going we pull him for the wildcat. Like I said this team makes my head hurt.

Definitely the running game will help the passing game. The passing game can help the running game too. The play calling is atrocious and I think there isn't much rhythm in the offense which is real important for success on offense. Still Henne needs to step his game up. But I don't think he is any better than this. We haven't seen any better than this at all anywhere in Henne's career. Not even on college. I'm not taking stats I'm talking his thereshold for getting better has flatlined.

The only problem is that the coaches have smashed into Henne's head not to do just that.

Do you have any proof of that? Any links??

And if that was the case.. dontcha think Marshall would have defended Henne by saying something like.. "He has the arm, he has the talent, so I dont understand why dont the coaches are holding him back.. we need to just let her rip"

I believe that on every pass play, there are multiple routes run by the receivers, some long, some short.. some on the left side and some on the right side.. but Henne doesnt see them all, panics because he is holding on to the football too long and dumps it off short.. just to get it out of his hands..

bmarsh's answer seemed a lot more innocent during the presser than the writer makes it seem, seems like he's trying to stir the pot, if anything brandon's answer about henning seemed a lot less endorsing but either way screw bmarsh, what does he know??? how many times did he and his guy get to the playoffs? oh wait his guy had to get away from brandon before he could get there...i've never endorsed this trade and never will, big time wide receivers do not win championships! our offense has regressed this season and while not all marshall's fault by any means he has not helped at all and pulled a hammy mid season which kept him out weeks! this screams to me that he was out of shape and did not take this season seriously, or packed it in early

Do you have any proof of that? Any links??

And if that was the case.. dontcha think Marshall would have defended Henne by saying something like.. "He has the arm, he has the talent, so I dont understand why dont the coaches are holding him back.. we need to just let her rip"

I believe that on every pass play, there are multiple routes run by the receivers, some long, some short.. some on the left side and some on the right side.. but Henne doesnt see them all, panics because he is holding on to the football too long and dumps it off short.. just to get it out of his hands..

I am on my phone but marshall did say that henne had the talent earlier in the year and have you forgotten about the three second buzzer the use during practice to simulate them getting the ball out of their hands. I am not sticking up for henne or saying he is worthless. Just calling it how I see it.

it's hardly an endorsement. what are you as a player going to say? no? he'd get creamed if sparano is retained.

he said what a smart person would in order to protect his job security and maintain good interpersonal relationships at work.

Problem is the coaching staff doesn't trust Henne for obvious reasons. he is limited across the board. You can't work with Henne. U have to give him basic plays and tell him no matter what U do don't throw the ball to the other team. U think they tell Pennington that? Or if they had brees or any one of these other great leaders? Hell naw. Henne should of grown a pair
Of robot nuts while he had the chance and it's not too late

This is such a cop out by Henne bashers. I don't want to bash anyones knowledge of the game. But this scheme is most likely the least QB friendly one in the league.

Back
Top Bottom