Brandon Marshall finally speaks to investigators | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall finally speaks to investigators

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
The Broward State Attorney’s office say they usually take about a month to decide whether to press charges in a case like the one Brandon Marshall and his wife Michi were involved in.
It’s been two and a half months since Michi Nogami-Marshall was arrested for aggravated battery and we still haven’t heard anything.
One reason for the delay: Brandon Marshall refused to speak to police until recently. Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reports Marshall finally talked after being served a subpoena.
“He indeed appeared at the Broward state attorney’s office and gave a statement to investigators,” Broward County sheriff’s office spokesman Ron Ishoy told Marvez. “The investigation continues.”
Michi Nogami-Marshall initially told police she was acting in self defense, which could be a problem for Brandon Marshall considering his long track record of problems with the league.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/07/brandon-marshall-finally-speaks-to-investigators/
just tell them what happened brandon. put that ***** in jail. im sure they were both doing something stupid but that doesnt give someone the right to stab you. if it comes out marshall did do something then i will back the punishment, but untill then it on his wife.

With rumors of the lockout coming to an end, I am sure Goodell is salivating at the ideas on how to suspend a stab victim.

It's rough when they fight back,Brandon.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. A woman gets beaten by her husband, police show up and it's obvious she's been beaten, he's got blood on the ring on his finger, admits to beating her, but she starts off with the old "I fell" thing and chooses not to speak to investigators until they issue a subpoena. Meanwhile, her employer is monitoring the situation very closely because they want to see if they should be punishing her because they don't quite agree with how she conducted herself after getting beaten and nearly killed by her husband.

You know how much outrage there would be about that? You know how many womens rights groups, politicians, etc...would flock to the woman and absolutely rebuke her employer for even THINKING about punishing her?

That's how absurd the idea is of Roger Goodell suspending Brandon Marshall because of the initial statement he gave to police or because he didn't talk to investigators until they issued a subpoena. It's absurd to the highest degree.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. A woman gets beaten by her husband, police show up and it's obvious she's been beaten, he's got blood on the ring on his finger, admits to beating her, but she starts off with the old "I fell" thing and chooses not to speak to investigators until they issue a subpoena. Meanwhile, her employer is monitoring the situation very closely because they want to see if they should be punishing her because they don't quite agree with how she conducted herself after getting beaten and nearly killed by her husband.

You know how much outrage there would be about that? You know how many womens rights groups, politicians, etc...would flock to the woman and absolutely rebuke her employer for even THINKING about punishing her?

That's how absurd the idea is of Roger Goodell suspending Brandon Marshall because of the initial statement he gave to police or because he didn't talk to investigators until they issued a subpoena. It's absurd to the highest degree.
Whats absurd is not the idea or notion that Goodell would enfore some type of punishment on Marshall, What is really absurd is that Goodell's track record indicates that he is or will be going to inact some type of punishment.

His rule with an Iron Fist schtick is getting really old. He never should have stuck his nose in the Raplesberger matter and definately has no grounds to stick his nose in Marshall's. Yet we can definately 100% expect him to call Marshall into his office at some point and time and make it seem like he is acting like the goodly Father figure. **** that egotistical *******.
Chubbs

Ps. CK told you i was frisky today :)

Again, wait for all the info. If it is as it appears nothing will happen to him but there's very likely much more to this story.

I don't see any reason to say that there's "very likely" to be more to the story.

I think the better part of the facts are laid before us.

They have the knife, presumably with his blood on the pointy end and her finger prints on the other end. They have pictures of the hole in his stomach it created. They have pictures of the house. They have sworn testimony from her saying she stabbed him in self-defense. They have sworn testimony from him saying that he fell and shattered a vase and that's how he cut himself. They have pictures of the vase shattered but no blood in sight. They MAY have pictures of defensive wounds on Brandon's hands. They have pictures of her body, enough to show her unmarked, unbeaten (else he would have been arrested as well, that's a fact).

There's REALLY not much else to find, not much else to know. They can both go in with investigators and recant or reiterate all they want. The "self-defense" claim as it pertains to potential charges against Brandon Marshall are almost fully without merit regardless of what she says. There was simply no evidence of it. No prosecutor would bother with it. And I don't imagine any attorney hired by a millionaire fearing his client getting charges pressed against him in this situation just because he told investigators he cut himself on the vase when he actually got stabbed by his wife with a knife. Any credible attorney should be able to talk his way out of charges on that, or beat them in court if need be. The man just got stabbed in the gut by his own wife, he was confused, disoriented, mistaken. That sort of thing.

And he absolutely did the right thing not talking to investigators until they issued a subpoena.

This "let's be patient and see what happens" thing is just another way of saying "I want to believe as long as I can that it's possible that Brandon Marshall may be suspended over this even though he definitely will not be".

Back
Top Bottom