Brandon Marshall for two 3's? How? Why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall for two 3's? How? Why?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Former Bears safety Chris Harris: "What am I missing here....3 pro bowls, five 1000 yard seasons and 27 yrs old"Indeed, how could one of the best receivers in the NFL be available for a third-round draft pick in 2012 and another third-rounder in 2013? Is new general manager Phil Emery that good of a negotiator? Did the Miami Dolphins, as rumored, feel pressured to ship him out as they recruit free agent quarterback Peyton Manning? Or is there something else about Marshall that we don't know about? http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55103/brandon-marshall-for-two-3s-how-why

He's talked about Jay Cutler like he's God before - maybe he requested a trade. But...two threes? ...Wow.

He doesn't help a team win football games, its as simple as that. The number are amazing and he is physically a beast, but the most important stat seems to be that he has had only 1 winning record since he was in the league and that was his rookie year when he had only 20 catches.

maybe we can find a receiver who can catch a pass in the end zone for once.

I`m glad he`s gone.

I agree with MrHankey. Brandon Marshall will not help you win important football games. He`s never won anything in his life. He just does not have that winning instinct, plain and simple. He is only a me guy who folds under any pressure (hence all the horrid attempts in the end zone we have witnessed). He will only let you down in the end so be happy we have an additional $12M for improvements

He doesn't help a team win football games, its as simple as that. The number are amazing and he is physically a beast, but the most important stat seems to be that he has had only 1 winning record since he was in the league and that was his rookie year when he had only 20 catches.

Whatever makes you feel better. See how we all feel when Revis is covering our new number 1 receiver in Brian Hartline to the tune of 1 catch for 3 yards every game. There is no good spin on this. A legit number 1 receiver is worth more than two 3's. Now it makes WR a huge need to go along with monster holes at QB, RT, TE and S. We can't replace that with a couple of lousy 3's. Maybe that cap room can fill RT....maybe.

I agree I'm not heartbroken to see him go, but frankly I think we could've/should've gotten more.

We got Miamied.... Wait we are Miami... What else did you expect!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think it was a great trade. Marshall for all his catches never did anything to show he was a game changer in Miami. And he was always unhappy and one stabbing away from being gone. there's no telling if the head case would dissappear if we ever did make the playoffs. i would rather not have to worry about a marshall meltdown anymore. if he does good in chicago, more power to him. obviously 2 3's was the best we could do so we took it. now we can sign potentially 2 starters w/ his money. winston and someone else? and we get 2 3rd rounders to boot.

Anyone still think Ireland knows what he's doing?

Unless Manning said to Ireland, "If you move Brandon Marshall and bring in Reggie Wayne, then I will be your QB," this is going to turn out bad.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ireland maybe called Kurt Warner or Jay Fiedler out of retirement to suit up? :chuckle: I have no idea what this team is doing anymore. Couldn't we have gotten better than two 3rd-rounders? Maybe a 2nd and 3rd?

Back
Top Bottom