Brandon Marshall for two 3's? How? Why? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall for two 3's? How? Why?

Unless Manning said to Ireland, "If you move Brandon Marshall and bring in Reggie Wayne, then I will be your QB," this is going to turn out bad.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ireland maybe called Kurt Warner or Jay Fiedler out of retirement to suit up? :chuckle: I have no idea what this team is doing anymore. Couldn't we have gotten better than two 3rd-rounders? Maybe a 2nd and 3rd?
It's not even two thirds this year. That's the retarded part.

I think it was a great trade. Marshall for all his catches never did anything to show he was a game changer in Miami. And he was always unhappy and one stabbing away from being gone. there's no telling if the head case would dissappear if we ever did make the playoffs. i would rather not have to worry about a marshall meltdown anymore. if he does good in chicago, more power to him. obviously 2 3's was the best we could do so we took it. now we can sign potentially 2 starters w/ his money. winston and someone else? and we get 2 3rd rounders to boot.

Oh golly! Two 3'rd rounders! That will hopefully land us another John Jerry! We gave up TWO SECOND rounders 2 years ago to get him, so either Ireland F'ed up then, or he F'ed up now. Either way you want to look at it, this is on Ireland.

2 3rd's is the best we could do.....there're some great WR's in free agency this year so it was that or nothing probably....I'm glad he's gone.....dropped too many passes in the end zone and is a head case that could blow up at any time....Philbin will get his guys.

Ozzy rules!!

Karma from getting LeBron last year. Our city is too spoiled already because of that.

Oh golly! Two 3'rd rounders! That will hopefully land us another John Jerry! We gave up TWO SECOND rounders 2 years ago to get him, so either Ireland F'ed up then, or he F'ed up now. Either way you want to look at it, this is on Ireland.

while the 2 3rd rounders are not ideal, it was the best we could do. this is more about the money we get from dropping a malcontent. so the trade is more like winston plus extra money for other free agents and 2 3rd round picks for marshall.

Whatever makes you feel better. See how we all feel when Revis is covering our new number 1 receiver in Brian Hartline to the tune of 1 catch for 3 yards every game. There is no good spin on this. A legit number 1 receiver is worth more than two 3's. Now it makes WR a huge need to go along with monster holes at QB, RT, TE and S. We can't replace that with a couple of lousy 3's. Maybe that cap room can fill RT....maybe.
I agree. Awful move. We got a 2nd and 7th for Wes "3 yards per catch" Welker. Heck, NE got a no 1 for Deon Branch from Seattle - feels like we rushed this trade...

2 second rounders and I think around 35 million for two years of service. I say he f'ed up then and now.

He doesn't help a team win football games, its as simple as that. The number are amazing and he is physically a beast, but the most important stat seems to be that he has had only 1 winning record since he was in the league and that was his rookie year when he had only 20 catches.

Exactly! Brandon Marshall is one of the most overrated players in the league. First of all, I think Sherman and Philbin weren't too excited about the way Marshall fit in their offense, and second of all, wide receivers are a dime a dozen. They are one of the most overrated positions on the team. They will find someone to replace Marshall at a lot lower cost for almost as much production. Marshall dropped, I believe it was, eight touchdown passes this year. The Dolphins should have never traded what they did to get him in the first place.

Exactly! Brandon Marshall is one of the most overrated players in the league. First of all, I think Sherman and Philbin weren't too excited about the way Marshall fit in their offense, and second of all, wide receivers are a dime a dozen. They are one of the most overrated positions on the team. They will find someone to replace Marshall at a lot lower cost for almost as much production. Marshall dropped, I believe it was, eight touchdown passes this year. The Dolphins should have never traded what they did to get him in the first place.

Lmao...seriously? Who was the last #1 caliber receiver we had???

Lmao...seriously? Who was the last #1 caliber receiver we had???

What f-ing difference does it make when you don't have a franchise QB? Who were New England's wide receivers when they won the Super Bowl? How many rings does Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, or whoever you think of as a great wide receiver, not named Jerry Rice, are the difference between being a great team or not. Receiver is just a piece of the puzzle, and if you do not have the most important piece, a QB, it doesn't matter who the hell your receivers are.

What f-ing difference does it make when you don't have a franchise QB? Who were New England's wide receivers when they won the Super Bowl? How many rings does Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, or whoever you think of as a great wide receiver, not named Jerry Rice, are the difference between being a great team or not. Receiver is just a piece of the puzzle, and if you do not have the most important piece, a QB, it doesn't matter who the hell your receivers are.
Super points. I'll anxiously anticipate Andre Johnson's and Larry Fitzgerald's teams trading THEM for a bag of dogcrap.

Yeah and right now we have neither. Garcon who is 25 years old just signed for 42 million....you like him better than Marshall who is 27??? Top receivers are a dime a dozen huh?

I'm sure the Miami brass has a plan but it better be good. It just makes no sense to me to give up 2 2nd round picks and then trade the guy for 2 3rd round picks a couple years later. Personally I'd take Marshall over any free agent receiver out there right now. He's gone so it's time to move on I guess.

Back
Top Bottom