Brandon Marshall foretells huge year ahead. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall foretells huge year ahead.

bpackers13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall foretells huge year ahead

June, 28, 2010 Jun 28
9:29
AM ET

By Tim Graham

Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall obviously enjoys his change of scenery.

Boston Globe reporter Albert Breer recently interviewed Marshall about playing for a new team after four turbulent seasons with the Denver Broncos.

9705-1.jpg

Marshall
"It will be the biggest year I've ever had," Marshall said. "As far as wins and production, it's going to be a big, big year. The best year I’ve had so far."

Marshall added a championship is "more than doable."

Marshall, 26, got married over the offseason and claimed he has settled down considerably compared the person "Outside the Lines" profiled 13 months ago because of repeated allegations of domestic violence. He also has been charged with DUI and was involved in the altercation that preceded Broncos teammate Darrent Williams being shot to death.

"It just seems like things in life are simplified," Marshall said in Breer's story. "It's more calm, and I'm excited about that. It's giving me a chance to grow as a person and in my career. I'm excited to have a fresh start on this Miami Dolphins team.

"I'm not worrying about my contract, and that makes it easier to go to work and do my job and help the team. And my home life is very good. I’m happy, and that makes it easier all the way around.

"You know what they say: Happy wife, happy life."

Marshall praised the Dolphins' organizational approach under head coach Tony Sparano.

"It's football, football, football," Marshall said. "The organization is all about football. All that other stuff that comes with being in the NFL that can get in the way, it doesn't happen here."

"We've got a coach that's probably one of the most passionate in the game, a team that's fairly young and wants to win now. Even in the weight room, you see that passion. It carries over everywhere. We can do great things."

Marshall's words come off as strange shots at his previous coaches, Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels. Shanahan has won Super Bowls. It's hard to imagine McDaniels, a Bill Belichick protégé, not being passionate about preaching football first.

"My time in Denver was great," Marshall said. "I was surrounded by a great group of guys. But I'm going to say that I never had a chance to go through an offseason where the guys spend every day together on the field and off. We really are one."
I didn't see this posted yet. I apoligize if it has been. I see Marshall has finally seen the light (so far). This seems like it has been the longest offseason ever. I can't wait to see our new studs on the fiels this year. 76 days until our season opener in Buffalo!!! :up:

If the guy can keep his head in the game and really mature we made a huge addition to our team... He will only help in Henne's development and the development of our other receivers. Because he is a true number one that will command the double team you are going to see Bess, Hartline and even Fasano's numbers get better. Our passing game is catching up to our running game, which is going to be a headache to the rest of the league.:clapping:

If the guy can keep his head in the game and really mature we made a huge addition to our team... He will only help in Henne's development and the development of our other receivers. Because he is a true number one that will command the double team you are going to see Bess, Hartline and even Fasano's numbers get better. Our passing game is catching up to our running game, which is going to be a headache to the rest of the league.:clapping:

I agree 100%, which is why this offseason has been the longest EVER!!!!!!!!

This year we have the potential to have the most potent passing game this organization has had since Shula retired. I say since Shula because JJ was a douche and handcuffed Marino, when he should have ridden his arm to success...

If he can keep his cool throughout the season, he should be very productive and give Henne the great receiver he really needs.

When will we see Marshall on the field first: next-to-last/last preseason game maybe?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this season will be huge for our Dolphins. Can't wait for September.

Getting married and having a kid can often change a person and make them "see the light." I think there will
always be temptations when living in South Beach but you never see Marshall dogging it on the field. I hope
he has his best year ever and hopefully we can get a SB soon and win it. Wish the season was here already.

Back
Top Bottom