Brandon Marshall gone can mean many things | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall gone can mean many things

g.o.a.t1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes i know he was a pro bowl reciever who kicked ass in the pro bowl but lets remember the contract he had and the alot of the downs he had his tenure here. not saying hes not a playmaker but maybe him gone and us going after maybe trading down and drafting Michael Floyd and by clearing some cap space we can keep big paul soliai and help bring in a quality RT like Eric Winston..
Lets just hold on our judgement til everything is all said and done..

Something POSITIVE has to come from this trade. On paper this is a bad trade. 2 third rd draft picks? That's a steal for Chicago. If nothing happens as a result of this trade other than 2 third rd picks we are truly a hopeless organization ran by a bunch of bafoons. I try to stay positive but this is a head scratcher...unless there is a plan in place. With everything that happens in Miami its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It looks like a putrid trade unless they package one of those 3rds along with our 8th pick and move into a position to get Blackmon, or end up signing Vincent Jackson.

maybe marshall wanted out of miami
maybe we are using the two 3rds for another deal
maybe we are getting the indy trio
i prefer to wait until the smoke clears before i start whining.

Since this happened right at the opening bell, it's got to be just the first move of a carefully planned and scripted strategy.....right?

Since this happened right at the opening bell, it's got to be just the first move of a carefully planned and scripted strategy.....right?

I hope so, but truthfully my optimism is almost spent.

Exactly. There is a reason this was the first move of the FA period.
We needed to aqcuire assets quickly. Hence we did not haggle or look for other takers.
It must mean there is another move.

Something POSITIVE has to come from this trade. On paper this is a bad trade. 2 third rd draft picks? That's a steal for Chicago. If nothing happens as a result of this trade other than 2 third rd picks we are truly a hopeless organization ran by a bunch of bafoons. I try to stay positive but this is a head scratcher...unless there is a plan in place. With everything that happens in Miami its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

That steal of deal - costs valuable cap room and that turd costs us football games - and no one knows what his big twap says in the locker room but he is a killer of Coaches, O Coordinators and QBs - GOOD FREAKIN RIDDANCE - and learn to run a bloody route while you are in Chicago!!

The more I look at the trade, the more it makes sense. I think we all know that Marshall is one hell of a talent, but how many BIG catches did he drop this year? This trade cleared 11 mil for any free agents we target, meaning
1) Wayne (which means we get Manning)
2) Jackson
3) finding a speed receiver like Mike Wallace

plus, we still have the 8th pick in the draft, who's to say we won't move up and draft Blackmon?
Ill take, Manning - Wayne over Marshall any day

Maybe Philbin wanted him out.

Pro Bowl? Are we serious?
i know right? im tiring of people using the pro bowl to boast marshalls worth. the pro bowl does nothing for us and its a meaningless game , not to mention they clearly padded marshalls stats in that game.

It's probably a number of things.
Philbin seems like a high character guy who wants to change the culture.
Marshall has been angling to reunite with his buddy.
Lots of FA WR options that could fit our scheme better.

Back
Top Bottom