Brandon Marshall gone can mean many things | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall gone can mean many things

The more I look at the trade, the more it makes sense. I think we all know that Marshall is one hell of a talent, but how many BIG catches did he drop this year? This trade cleared 11 mil for any free agents we target, meaning

and all this time we were led to believe MATT MOORE was problem!! just think if BM would have cought 90% of those catches and td's he dropped that were delivered to him by moore? how would you be viewing moore now?

what i see most fans miss on when judging a qb is, did HE do HIS part? did he put the ball in the wr's hands? was it the right read and something else happened, tipped down field, wr fell down, wr cut the route off, etc..... those things go AGAINST the qb's completion numbers, unfortunately.

moore made a WHOLE BUNCH of big time throws that were nulled by bad routes, underachieving pro bowlers, drops, etc.... A LOT!!

matt made some clunker throws for sure, expecially early on when he was basically a walk on after henne went down, he had NO time with the starters and NO time to digest the play book. matt moore was MUCH more a victim of others mistakes than his own.

but, i didnt mean for this to be a moore thread, but its funny how so many are bashing BM for so many drops and bad routes and then turn around and say what a bum moore was. you cant drop big plays or td passes a qb didnt throw!!

MARSHALL BEING TRADED has nothing to do with peyton. they already re uped phil merling [why i dont know, major drunk and head case] and lydon "no big deal" murtha. i think the rest will be going to re up SOLEI. with the hybrid defense we will be running, he has MASS value with our line. he would be hard to replace.

philbin has already said on a couple occasions he is all about building through the draft, as was the m/o in green bay and these pics will be used, not traded. i look for us to trade down with #8 at this point and pic up more pics AND maybe a first for next year. the #8-10 spots seem to be the area teams move up to grab a guy they covet, and its usally a good team that doesnt need a gob of pics [like new england, green bay, giants, etc.... and they cough up there later #1 to move up and toss in next years because they know it will once again be a lower 1st, a glorified 2nd rounder.

i would LOVE to see CARL NICKS in miami. then draft DAVID DECASTRO. qb's would be able to take the snap, make a phone call to grandma, eat a large sub sandwish and then throw the td. nicks is THE VERY BEST GUARD in the nfl and decastro is the best to come out in YEARS and may be his equal in a year or so. we have the oportunity right in front of us to have an o-line that rivals anything we had in marinos first 4 years and the early 70's fins. i know guys are bored stiff with taking guards in the draft or f/a, but these two are OFF THE CHARTS at their positions and would make ANY qb or rb on this team very comfortable!!

but i dont see the marshall move as anything for peyton. this weekens our wr core quite a bit and peyton loves him some wr's. i think it says more that he is NOT coming here.

Yes, let's all spin the many ways this low value trade for our pro bowl WR was a savvy move.. Just another piece in Ireland's master plan. Way to go everyone. I can always count on this site to explain to me why failure is a good thing.

Yes, let's all spin the many ways this low value trade for our pro bowl WR was a savvy move.. Just another piece in Ireland's master plan. Way to go everyone. I can always count on this site to explain to me why failure is a good thing.
Failure to what exactly?

maybe marshall wanted out of miami
maybe we are using the two 3rds for another deal
maybe we are getting the indy trio
i prefer to wait until the smoke clears before i start whining.

You'll be waiting a long time.

Failure to what exactly?
Get reasonable value for one of our most valuable players. Put together a talented team. Have a positive return on an investment made 2 years ago.

Ireland could trade a Maybach for a prius and people on here would applaud him for going green. This move is too asinine by itself for there not to be another domino..... right?

Ireland could trade a Maybach for a prius and people on here would applaud him for going green. This move is too asinine by itself for there not to be another domino..... right?
What's going to happen is we'll draft a WR (which is now suddenly a HUGE need) and some will tout Ireland as a genius. He creates holes, then fills them through the draft and everybody forgets that he created the need in the first place (see Pouncey, Thomas, etc). The guy can do no wrong. Teflon Tony has been replaced by Teflon Ireland.

The only way I possibly see this as a good move is if it had something to do with getting Manning here. That's it. If we draft Blackmon because of it, it will be a huge waste, because WR wasn't a primary need before this trade. We could have had Blackmon AND Marshall, or V. Jackson AND Marshall. Or Marshall and one of our other big needs addressed in the draft instead (pass rush, which I assume Ireland will address by trading away Wake and drafting a different pass rusher).

If it had been for more than two midround picks in different years, then it would be different. As of now, it appears the Bears just raped us.

Ross needs to sell this team. He really really does. This is by far his worst investment of his lifetime.

maybe marshall wanted out of miami
maybe we are using the two 3rds for another deal
maybe we are getting the indy trio
i prefer to wait until the smoke clears before i start whining.

The problem is, every time the smoke starts to clear, we get punched in the face.

Back
Top Bottom