Brandon Marshall injects new enthusiasm across Miami Dolphins' roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall injects new enthusiasm across Miami Dolphins' roster

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Talking to Dolphins players, it's impossible to overstate the enthusiasm about Brandon Marshall's addition. ``As a team, he's got everybody excited about this season and what we can achieve,'' Ronnie Brown said Monday.
Receiver Brian Hartline said, ``I don't think there's any reason why we can't throw 40, 50 times a game. It's going to be pretty hard to game-plan against the Dolphins.''
Tight end Anthony Fasano said Marshall will help him because, as Chad Henne said, ``it will free the tight ends down the middle,'' as well as ``the receivers on the other side.''
Though Miami was fourth in 2009 rushing yards and 10th in yards per attempt, ``we were running uphill the whole time,'' center Jake Grove said. ``There were eight in the box against us almost all of every game, sometimes nine. Brandon will help our run game -- get some of those guys out of the box.'' And if they stay in the box, ``hopefully we will beat them over the top.''
As Ricky Williams said, ``I've never played with a receiver of his stature; I'm excited about it. Ronnie and I are the happiest people on Earth.'' Plus, as Henne noted, Marshall is ``a great run blocker.''
Chad Pennington is curious how defensive coordinators will game-plan: ``Our two tight-end set with one receiver, for example, what are you going to do now with Brandon out there by himself? If they double-team him, it creates one-on-one matchups elsewhere. He brings more versatility to all our personnel groups.''
With veteran offseason practices beginning May 18, Marshall is eager to become immersed in Dan Henning's offense. ``He's an amazing guy, from the things I've seen,'' Marshall said. ``It's going to be great.'' . . . Pennington noted that ``a lot of times, when you bring in a guy of his caliber, you simplify and you don't have to be as creative. It's real easy. When he's one-on-one, he deserves to get the ball.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/27/1601286/brandon-marshall-injects-new-enthusiasm.html

The rest of the offseason is gonna be long, I cannot wait for opening day.

Brandons gonna have a ballin season....I suspect 88 catches,1,436 yards and 8 TD's....but,thats just me...

How are we not going to be the best offense in the league next year... its gonna have to take an implosion of our stellar offensive line or an injury to a key player for that not to happen... was going to say something about henne, but even if for some reason he turns out not that great, b marsh will make him look good... hell, he made kyle orton look good

This is great to hear that everyone is getting excited about the season. It means they are going to be working hard to make this the best season they can.

How are we not going to be the best offense in the league next year... its gonna have to take an implosion of our stellar offensive line or an injury to a key player for that not to happen... was going to say something about henne, but even if for some reason he turns out not that great, b marsh will make him look good... hell, he made kyle orton look good

I agree, you can also look at how Jay Cutler compared in Denver to how he compares in Chicago and you can see a slight difference :chuckle:

DAMN I truly hate this offseason. Every year gets harder and harder to wait for it to end. Great stuff to hear keep it comin 8480.

It is exciting to think of how much better the passing game can be. I still am not sold on who can be our #2 WR, and was hoping we'd take care of that in the draft. Or at least a better pass catching TE. Don't want teams to double up Marshall, not sure Hartline and Fasano can thrive in those situations. We'll see.

It is exciting to think of how much better the passing game can be. I still am not sold on who can be our #2 WR, and was hoping we'd take care of that in the draft. Or at least a better pass catching TE. Don't want teams to double up Marshall, not sure Hartline and Fasano can thrive in those situations. We'll see.

I thought Miami always had many #2 wr's but lack that #1? Pat Turner might turn out great you never know i am just saying.

This is great to hear that everyone is getting excited about the season. It means they are going to be working hard to make this the best season they can.

I hope there are more fin fans in that stadium esp the Jet game. I am right now getting much people in Knoxville to go to the MIA vs TN game.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is giong to be the only time Marshall is on a team with a top 3 running game...you know how much that helps our passing game if the D decides to stick to stopping the run? they have to go 1 on 1 and if not they have to go double him and make our running game even more explosive.

I thought Miami always had many #2 wr's but lack that #1? Pat Turner might turn out great you never know i am just saying.

I hope there are more fin fans in that stadium esp the Jet game. I am right now getting much people in Knoxville to go to the MIA vs TN game.
I really hope to be able to attend my first Dolphins game in Miami hopefully it will be the Jets game.

I don'[t think there will be a problem...I definitely think hartline will be the single coverage..the guy just makes plays and was the few dolphins who had some yac yards. Especially in the titans game with his big play. I think he compliments marshall very well. and thats y i dont understand people wondering bout miamis no.2 Wr..i like the flashes ive seen from hartline and feel good about him so i feel we have a very good no.2 right there in hartline in the making. I think he could definitely be miami's ed mccafery for miami..making the comparison simply cause his color..but his size and lanky frame and the way he plays..just makes me think of mccafery..doesnt mean i think he will be as good..but be a pretty good no.2 in that sense.

It's great to see the players are just excited as the fans. Gonna be a great season.

Back
Top Bottom