Brandon Marshall Interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Interview

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall punted the football before his interview. "I want to compete at the highest level on a consistent basis."

WR Brandon Marshall says don't compare his situation in the past to now. "This is the first season I've gone into camp completely happy."

Brandon Marshall says he loves the spotlight. "I embrace it." He thinks this team has the potential to do special things.

"It's exciting to see our young cornerbacks get better," Brandon Marshall on working with cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Sean Smith.

Brandon Marshall said Sean Smith is physically gifted and the way he's applying himself and is getting him "a lot better."

Brandon Marshall stopped himself just short of pulling an Allen Iverson. "It's just practice...but I've always had the spotlight on me."

Brandon Marshall said Chad Pennington has helped him and other players learn how to conduct themselves in a positive way.

www.twitter.com/OmarKelly

Brandon Marshall punts ball to start his media session. That's not a joke

Marshall: When I'm frustrated in practice I'm gonna show it. In a game I won't bc I won't give opponents an edge

Marshall: no pressure bc of contract. I've been catching footballs since I was 6 years old

Marshall: I love the spotlight, I embrace it. We have special team here & looking forward to the lights shining on us

Marshall: relationship w/ Vontae we're competing. Went out to lunch & pick each others brains. Same with Sean

Marshall: I'm Happy, Healthy & Hot!

Marshall: every practice or game is a big game. Not bc of last game.

Marshall: (about fan reaction to drops & number) it's just practice... I don't wanna go all AI on everyone, but it is just practice.

Marshall: Mike Sims Walker best man at my wedding. We always bet on who plays better... No $, gentlemen's bet

Marshall: you should harder on yourself than anyone else. That's how I approach the game

www.twitter.com/SedanoShow

Brandon Marshall began his press conference by punting a football.

Marshall: It's going to make our young corners better going against me.

Marshall: I'm not gonna go there with AI, but it's just practice.

Marshall on Revis: I hope it gets done because to be the best you gotta go up against the best.

www.twitter.om/bbiggane

#Dolphins Brandon Marshall "I want to be at highest level consistently but in a game you don't show emotions to your opponents.

Dolphins Brandon Marshall "Every day Vontae is out here to shut me down. It gives him confidence and shows him what he can do."

Dolphins Brandon Marshall on playing w/Henne "we got off to a slow start. 24 days til Buffalo. Not where we want to be but we'll get there"

Brandon Marshall on his recent drops "I've always had a bullseye and spotlight on me for the good & the bad so I'm used to it"

Dolphins Brandon Marshall on Revis "If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. I'd love to go out & try to make plays on him."

www.twitter.com/thelindershow

Marshall raved about impact Karlos Dansby has had on the Dolphins.

www/twitter.com/wyche89

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish he punted the football into one of the beat writers' faces. Oops, was that aloud?

Love how Pennington continues to be a leader even though he is not playing. Pennington has been awesome as a fin.

Love how Pennington continues to be a leader even though he is not playing. Pennington has been awesome as a fin.

I really don't think this can be overstated. Just having him on the sidelines will be such a big difference in morale compared to last year. The team would have been mentally tougher down the stretch with him there last season.

very good job on all the updates? just curious, do you work for the dolphins or something bc ur always up to date on everything around the team. keep up the good work.

very good job on all the updates? just curious, do you work for the dolphins or something bc ur always up to date on everything around the team. keep up the good work.

I wish, I am a fan just like you who loves to follow my team and keeps the site updated with Fin news all over the net. I have developes a source or two and when they pass info to me I post as well.

I wish, I am a fan just like you who loves to follow my team and keeps the site updated with Fin news all over the net. I have developes a source or two and when they pass info to me I post as well.
alrite very good job. keep it up. does the site pay you to do this or you do it for the sake of just keeping all of us updated on things?

alrite very good job. keep it up. does the site pay you to do this or you do it for the sake of just keeping all of us updated on things?

I do it for the fans and to get my name out there and see if I can make a career out of it.

(On explaining what just happened) – “Well, you guys aren’t really good journalists because you reported it wrong. It didn’t make it over the fence; it stayed in the facility (referring to his punting a ball in practice the other day after a drop, laughing).”

(On what emotions the punt expressed) – “I don’t think it’s a secret; I’m the type of guy where I want to compete and I want to compete at the highest level on a consistent basis. When you struggle at times, well when I struggle at times, I’m not going to be happy, and it’s not going to be a secret, and I will never let it be a secret. When I’m frustrated in practice, I’m going to be frustrated. Now in the game it’s a different story; I think in the game you don’t want to give your opponent that edge so you try to control your emotions but in practice you want to compete and you want to get better. That’s exactly what we’re trying to do here.”

(On his showing of emotion in the past) – “Well I think that’s exactly what it is. I’m not going to compare a situation in the past to my situation now. This is the first time in, in four years that I’ve went into a season or a training camp where I was completely happy. Now am I happy every day, no because we compete every day, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, and that ultimate competitor in me, I’m not going to be happy. I think we’re doing a great job as a team competing every day and trying to get each other better. A lot of great competition going on you know on the field, which I think is going to help our team in the long run.”

(On whether his new contract puts any additional pressure on him) – “Not at all, I mean the pressure to do what, catch a football? I’ve been doing that since I was six years old. The only thing I can do is what I can do; I’m going to be the same guy. Whatever made me great is what’s going to be on the field throughout this season. I’m excited about this opportunity that we have as a team, our goals, and working to achieve that.”

(On if he enjoys the spotlight) – “I love it. I embrace it. I think this is an organization where there’s going to be a lot of lights on us. I think we have a special team here. It’s a special organization, and I think we have a chance to do some special things.”

(On him seeing his charisma wearing off on his teammates) – “Well like I said, it’s good when you take the positive from it like Vontae (Davis). Every day we’re going out there and competing. Every day he wants to prove to me and to our teammates that he can shut me down. There’s, what’s the word…I guess I’m supposed to be a good receiver. It gives him an edge on other receivers. It gives him a confidence when he does great against me. Every day he’s out to prove one thing, that he can shut me down and our other receivers in our room. So it’s exciting to see that our young corners are getting better and they’re taking advantage of this opportunity.”

(On his reaction to Vontae’s punt after breaking up a pass in practice) – “Yesterday? I didn’t like it at all. I went back to the sideline and I told coach, I can’t believe I let him get the opportunity to kick the ball because he made a great play. It’s a play I think I should have had and he knocked the ball away, and he got up and punted the ball, and I didn’t like that at all.”

(On his relationship with Vontae) – “Oh I care, oh I care. It makes me mad (when he punts the ball) just like if I make a good play and I say some words to him, it’s not good for TV but he’s going to come back out and he’s going to compete that much harder.”

(On the competition aspect of his relationship with Vontae) – “Yeah I mean me and Vontae, we went out to lunch today and we just sat down and tried to pick each other’s brains’ about what we’re seeing on the practice field, how we can make each other better, and it’s exciting. Sean (Smith) the same. Sean’s a corner who like I said before is physically gifted and the way he’s been applying himself in this camp is amazing, and I think those two are going to have a great year.”

(On how this camp is different for him considering he is happy and healthy) – “Yeah, definitely healthy, definitely happy, the only thing is I’m hot. Add another H to that, the three H’s: happy, healthy, hot.”

(On how things are coming along with Chad Henne) – “You know what; we got off to a slow start last week. We let the conditions get the best of us. I went out there and had two drops; you definitely don’t want to start off that way. But hey, we got three more preseason games left, a bunch of practices before Buffalo, 24 days till Buffalo. We got time to get things better; we’re not where we want to be, but we’ll work to get there.”

(On whether getting off to a slow start makes this weekend’s game a big game) – “Every practice, every game is a big game. Not just because how things went for our first team last week. Every time we step on the field, and every time, whether it’s practice or game day, we want to take advantage of it. That’s exactly what we do every day.”

(On whether his being out during OTA’s has slowed his progression with Chad Henne) – “No, not at all. That was a time where I was able to get mental reps and pick his brain every play. That helped a lot, and like I said, we have a bunch of practices before Buffalo and that’s all we need. We’ll be fine.”

(On his reaction to people saying he should change his number away from #19) – “I think this is kind of played out, but it’s just practice. I’m not going to go over there with A.I. (Allen Iverson) (laughing). Like I said, that’s why I get frustrated because the way you play is how you practice. If you’re dropping the ball in practice, you got a chance that you’ll drop the ball in the game. It’s something that we definitely, I definitely need to correct, so there it is.”

(On him having all the attention) – “I’ve always had a bullseye on my back and a spotlight on me. Not always for the positive, but it’s been there before. It’s nothing that’s unique to me, and I embrace it.”

(On the quarterback group as a whole) – “Well I’m excited because we get a chance to grow together. We have a leader in Chad Pennington who has a lot of wisdom, who’s played a lot of games. He helps not only the quarterbacks but he helps us receivers in the segment room. I’m going into my fifth year, I don’t know it all. I may be one the oldest in my room, but I still have a lot of learning to do. How to approach the game in a professional way on and off the field, and that’s what Chad Pennington brings to us, so we’re excited to have him, and I hope he stays around for a long time.”

(On how the offense compares to the offense he played in for Denver) – “Well actually, it’s similar. The formations, personnel calls, it’s kind of from the same (coaching) tree. The transition for me is pretty easy and pretty similar.”

(On his relationship with Mike Sims-Walker) – “Well that was my college roommate, one of the best men in my wedding, more like a brother. So that’s my buddy.”

(On whether there are ever any wagers between the two) – “Definitely. Every time we match, man we got wagers on everything. We’re always betting but it ain’t about cash though, (it’s a) gentlemen’s bet, gentlemen’s bet.”

(On whether he wants Darrelle Revis to settle his contract dispute with the New York Jets so he can go up against him) – “Well of course because I mean in order to be the best, you got to go against the best and you would love to compete against someone of his caliber and make plays on him. It kind of gives you that confidence; kind of solidify yourself, so I would love to see him out there. I think it will get done; I don’t think it’s a matter of if, but when.”

(On how he expresses his emotion even while he’s in the spotlight) – “Well I think down here, it’s new to you guys because I’m a new guy, but a year from now you guys will be able to say oh that’s just Brandon. That’s how he performs, that’s how he practices, he plays with a lot of emotions, he approaches the game with a lot of passion. You don’t want to do that in the game but it’s practice. Like I said, I’m a guy that wants to compete, and compete at a high level. Hopefully things will work out for us where we get things rolling in the right direction.”

(On how he channels his emotion to make sure it’s positive) – “Well I mean I honestly believe you’re supposed to be, you should be harder on yourself than anyone else. I honestly believe that. If you don’t push yourself, then how can someone else push you? So that’s what I believe in, and that’s how I approach the game.”

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...don-marshall-regales-media.html#ixzz0x0zheSJ0

Back
Top Bottom