Brandon Marshall trade makes me think we intend on moving up. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall trade makes me think we intend on moving up.

Sulamar1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not football draft guru but this just screams "moving up" to me.

Not for Luck or RGIII but possible 1 or 2 spots.

Anyone got any insight on what that could be for?

Philbin wants picks. He wants his guys, and a lot of em. That's just as likely.

I would hope they have a plan to move up for Blackmon

Now were shopping sean smith aswell.. This is either to fit philbins philosophy of building through the draft, or were gonna try and trade up to get blackmon..

We're not trading up for a WR guys....Philbin likes to spread the ball around and that's part of the reason we trade the primadona to the bears......He's not going to use a top 10 pick on a WR when he just traded one away.You draft Blackmon and he's going to want the ball all the time and that's not going to happen.......Philbin's way is to use everyone and not depend on just one guy.

Ozzy rules!!

We're not trading up for a WR guys....Philbin likes to spread the ball around and that's part of the reason we trade the primadona to the bears......He's not going to use a top 10 pick on a WR when he just traded one away.You draft Blackmon and he's going to want the ball all the time and that's not going to happen.......Philbin's way is to use everyone and not depend on just one guy.

Ozzy rules!!
Blackmon is FAR from a prima donna. He is a high class, high character guy who works hard. I'd love to see him in a fins uniform

You need to read the NFL draft point chart. A 3rd rounder will not move us up in the 1st round at all.

I'm pretty sure that draft value chart has been dead for a couple years now. Having said that though, I do agree that #8 and a 3rd won't allow much movement in the top 10

were trading down for more picks if anything.

It will be interesting to see who's on the board at #8.  Possible that one of Claiborne, Blackmon, or Richardson are there.  If Claiborne or Blackmon, you take either.  If Richardson, might have an opportunity to trade down and pick up someone like Floyd.  

Maybe we're stockpiling picks so that we can trade the farm to Indy for the #1 pick!

Yeah, uh, you never know.

Philbin wants picks. He wants his guys, and a lot of em. That's just as likely.

Just because someone says they want to build through the draft it doesn't automatically mean they want a lot of picks. Trading up and spending some picks to move up is still building through the draft.

Plus it's not up to Philbin.

Back
Top Bottom