Brandon Marshall vows that Dolphins will win in 2011 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall vows that Dolphins will win in 2011

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
“For the past three years I haven’t had a chance to get better in the offseason,” Marshall said Thursday on WQAM-560 AM. “I’ve had two hip surgeries back-to-back, an arm surgery before that, that took away my whole offseason. I’ve just been focusing on getting healthy, and that conditioning, that burst hasn’t been there, and I’ve just been going off my natural ability.”
But this offseason is different. Marshall, who recently turned 27, doesn’t have any injuries to rehab. And he’s taking the opportunity and running with it – literally.
Though the players are currently locked out, Marshall is hard at work with his personal trainer, Matt Gates of Fit Speed Sports. He began about a month after the regular season ended, and he’s working out almost every day in the weight room, pool or practice field, improving his explosiveness, muscle definition and nutrition to become leaner and meaner for the 2011 season.
Marshall said he’s already in the best shape of his professional career.
“Where I’m at today, it doesn’t even compare to where I was during any time during the season last year or the season before that,” Marshall said. “This two months we’ve been working, I’m back to that guy that was training to the Combine. My body fat is down to like 7 percent – when I was in college I was at 6 percent. My hips are feeling great, knees are feeling great. Just, man, it’s beautiful.”

Marshall has also turned the page from a disappointing 2010 season, when he failed to reach 100 catches for the first time in four years, he sat out 2.5 games with a hamstring injury, the Dolphins finished 7-9 and he grew frustrated with Chad Henne at the end of the season.
“My motto this year, going into this season and approaching this offseason is we … will … win,” Marshall said emphatically. “I promise you that. If we get eight games, if we get six, we will win. The Dolphins will win. I have all the faith in coach (Tony) Sparano and Jeff Ireland. They’ve done an amazing job and that’s why I say we will win, because of those two.”
In a separate interview with a website called ScoresReport, Marshall said he wants to put his clashes with Henne behind him and said he still has faith in Henne having a better season in 2011.
“It was a tough transition (from Denver to Miami), but Chad is a guy that is capable of making some things happen and he’s still a young guy,” Marshall said. “I’m sure he’s going to take what happened last year, learn from it and grow. I’m going to do the same and I’m going to try and not only get our offense, but our whole team on the same page and moving in the right direction. I’m excited about the opportunity to work together this offseason and get things corrected.”
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-college-vows-that-dolphins-will-win-in-2011/

THIS SAYS IT ALL
but Chad is a guy that is capable of making some things happen

"Some things"

Big year for Brandon Marshall in taking more steps in maturity. He has the ability to add some "fire" to the offense, get guys pumped up. However, he needs to use it more appropriately, side line clashes usually don't help. Dumb excessive celebration penalties do not help. He still is young at 27, but I think his maturity has increased in his short time in Miami.

Is this an April Fools joke?

so maybe marshall gains a step?
too bad we have the sAMe shrub trying to throw him the bALL

Wow this guy is a huge cancer to the team. We should trade him for a fourth round pick IF WE'RE LUCKY. What a completely garbage receiver. Not to mention his psychological problems. Can't wait to get rid of this scrub.

Wow this guy is a huge cancer to the team. We should trade him for a fourth round pick IF WE'RE LUCKY. What a completely garbage receiver. Not to mention his psychological problems. Can't wait to get rid of this scrub.

LOL. April Fools!

Well if Henne can match him on improving and we get the offensive line that we need, we "should" be awesome. But until I actaully see it, I am nothing gonna count my chickens before the eggs hatch.

Sounds like anything but a confident glowing Henne endorsement. However Marshall could have as easily answered negatively or sidestepped the question diplomatically. Instead, one of the league's elite WRs took the positive yet realistic tact about the guy who spent a season throwing to him...without it looking like he's blowing smoke out of anyone's butt. So for the usual suspects who are no doubt displeased Marshall's not adding fuel to their fire:

5eh8nl-1.jpg

a fresh and healthy marshall, along with bess, hartline, and fasano progressing..possibly even roberto wallace.. i think we have a pretty solid group.

Looking at the offensive line getting healthy (being injuries were our biggest weakness)..

(LT) Long, (LG) Garner/Jerry, (C) Incognito/Berger, (RG) ?/Feinga , (RT) Carey/Murtha

We aren't in such bad shape here. We need one more solid starting Guard and a Decent backup tackle (maybe trueblood from the Bucs) I think were pretty good. We could really address this in FA and be completely fine, we just need to keep everyone healthy and get them in better shape for next season.

Really only leaves us with QB and RB as the major holes on offense. I think henne could get us by but i don't see him taking us to a championship or winning a superbowl. I think Ryan Mallett is the only viable option in the draft who may (probably not) give us a chance like that this year. Ponder could be cool but I don't think we're winning a superbowl in 2011 with him.

And defense... Granted we could still use a linebacker our front 7 is our strongest unit but our secondary could use some upgrading. In the long hall can we really gamble on Carrol? Clemons? Ness? Amaya? I feel like these guys should be backups and at best we could be pleasently surprised in 2-3 years from now if one turns out to be a gem. How much does Bell, W.Allen, Sapp, Culver have left in the tanks, are they even worthy of being starters? I think Reshad Jones and Sean Smith have potential as gamechangers and playmakers, but the only person i would bank on in our secondary for the long hall is Vontae Davis.

So I guess this whole article got me thinking, sorry for going off topic but I would really like to see us upgrade QB, DBack, RB, OG, TE, LB

if henne is average we can get to the playoffs the problem is he seems below average..

Back
Top Bottom