Brandon Marshall working on regaining his break away speed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall working on regaining his break away speed

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall admits that offseason hip surgeries the past two years have robbed him of "explosion."
It's commendable that Marshall is working hard this offseason to regain the ability to "break the cushion on those [defensive backs] and be able to stretch the field." Those days of running a sub-4.5 forty may be gone, though. While Marshall is a good bet to bounce back as a fantasy receiver, he's more possession receiver than downfield playmaker at this point.

www.rotoworld.com

I never realized that Marshall, at one time, was a sub 4.5 guy.

go figure the 50 million dollar receiver whos gone 4 straight seasons with 1000 yards could be our deep threat.. never would have guessed :chuckle:

This guy is a Beast...Hope whatever hes doing doesn't get wasted due to a lockout...We finally have a legit #1 WR. Go pick up some RBs and a couple lineman to open up the running game & give Henne more time and we are good.

Regaining speed would be nice but I think the more important explosion for him pertains to his jukes/cuts. He wasn't able to make people miss last season like he's done before in Denver. Of course some of that is because the person throwing to him was so horribly bad with ball placement and timing that he didn't get much room to make a move in the first place.

Regaining speed would be nice but I think the more important explosion for him pertains to his jukes/cuts. He wasn't able to make people miss last season like he's done before in Denver. Of course some of that is because the person throwing to him was so horribly bad with ball placement and timing that he didn't get much room to make a move in the first place.

I agree. Marshall's biggest asset was never his speed, but his ability to get free, make people miss, and fight for every single yard. Marshall may be a diva or a hot head, but the man does work his *** off.

I never realized that Marshall, at one time, was a sub 4.5 guy.

That's because he wasn't lol. Marshall ran a 4.57 at the combine, he's barely a sub 4.6 guy. One of his assets has never been his speed but that's ok.

This guy is a Beast...Hope whatever hes doing doesn't get wasted due to a lockout...We finally have a legit #1 WR. Go pick up some RBs and a couple lineman to open up the running game & give Henne more time and we are good.

ah, but you forgot to mention a tight end to work the seam and a receiver with some speed to stretch the field.... pretty much every facet of our offense minus number 1 receiver... mm i think its safe to say we're alright at LT as well i suppose

Wasn't his FIRST play as a Dolphin a 40 yard vertical strike, over the top of a CB's head? I remember him snagging that catch right away. Thought it would be like "Oh, good, we are going to throw deep to him." And then the 8 yard curls started.

Back
Top Bottom