Brandon Shell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Shell

A month ago people were saying the same thing about Little, then he quickly fell out of favor. Hopefully the coaching staff has seen enough of all candidates to make the right choice. If they say sure Shell has looked decent, but we think Jackson could have looked just as good or better then I'm willing to take a look at that. I personally don't like the Idea of moving Jackson to guard. He didn't play well there last year and looked better at tackle as a rookie and in preseason prior to getting injured this season. I would bring in a true guard to replace the injured Eichenberg.

He played very bad in his first time thrust into action this year, yesterday indeed was much better. I'd still rather see Jackson as the starter though. Need to see what he has

Jones at LG probably, and Deiter top interior back up

I'm reasonably sure that IF AJ is ready to come back , he's not familiar enough with what the LG has to do assignment wise. IMO, this is Jones chance to make that position his. He is more suited for guard anyway.

Armstead - Jackson - Williams - Hunt - Shell

Eichenberg is probably out for a while. And even if he wasn’t, I’d still go with the above group once Austin Jackson returns.
Eich had been playing his best football for the last 3 weeks....McDaniel would not mess with that but benching him and playing Ajax at LG......I'm pretty sure Jones will continue to start at LG for now and if Eich is out for the year then Jones most likely starts the rest of the year there.

I wish I could go against you on this, as it sucks to abandon high draft picks... but I don't have a legitimate argument to do so.:rolleyes:
Getting rid of those two without casting Dieter off is ludicris.

I wish I could go against you on this, as it sucks to abandon high draft picks... but I don't have a legitimate argument to do so.:rolleyes:
then you haven’t been paying attention lately.....Eich was playing well for the last 3 weeks. Even people that have been down on him have been talking about his play. I know people expect every players to be a HOF guy at every position but he's played LG 8 games in his career and had been getting better.

Eich had been playing his best football for the last 3 weeks....McDaniel would not mess with that but benching him and playing Ajax at LG......I'm pretty sure Jones will continue to start at LG for now and if Eich is out for the year then Jones most likely starts the rest of the year there.
Agreed Eich has been playing a bit better

Bad timing for yet another injury

Though I was getting antsy to see Jackson back, with the way Shell has been playing R-Tackle last few weeks, I personally would not mess with that.

The right side is the most dangerous and important to Tua's Success and Health, if something seems to be working on the right side, don't over guess yourself at least this year, allow Shell and Jackson next year to compete with each other, but don't rock the boat this year...If it's working, leave it alone.

Right now the important position is L-Guard, that is where the coaches need to put most of their attention to.

Eichenberg’s injury actually creates a natural opportunity for us to insert Jackson at LG if we think he’s sufficiently schooled there. But our scheme isn’t so simple, and my understanding is Jackson has practiced exclusively at RT under McDaniel. Not sure what we’ll choose to do, but having too many starting tackles is a good problem to have.
Somewhat tempered by having no guards.

Larnell Coleman was signed off our PS. I wonder if anybody else’s PS has a guy we could add?

then you haven’t been paying attention lately.....Eich was playing well for the last 3 weeks. Even people that have been down on him have been talking about his play. I know people expect every players to be a HOF guy at every position but he's played LG 8 games in his career and had been getting better.
Stop it. Eich sucks at this stage of his maturation. We all know he is the weak link on the OL. He would not start for another team in the NFL at this point in time. Fins are vying for a playoff birth and Eich hurts those chances. Let him ride the pine if/when he comes back.

Stop it. Eich sucks at this stage of his maturation. We all know he is the weak link on the OL. He would not start for another team in the NFL at this point in time. Fins are vying for a playoff birth and Eich hurts those chances. Let him ride the pine if/when he comes back.
agree to disagree

Back
Top Bottom