Brandon, which DB do you have the best back-and-forths with at practice? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon, which DB do you have the best back-and-forths with at practice?

nasty

Rookie
Reaction score
Comment From Arif]
3:10
brandon london: Jason Allen is really gets me going during practice. We are good friends off the field so when one of us makes a play against the other then it doesnt just end at practice. i will hear it from him later in the day or visa versa. so we're always making sure we bring our A game when we line up against each other

Both are big and talented. Both need to put the work into getting better mentally.

Jason Allen hung with even the great Randy Moss, atleast physically, from a mental standpoint is where he gets beat.

I am confident both will be on the team this year but both need to prove their worth beyond that.

Comment From Arif]
brandon london: Jason Allen is really gets me going during practice. We are good friends off the field so when one of us makes a play against the other then it doesnt just end at practice. i will hear it from him later in the day or visa versa. so we're always making sure we bring our A game when we line up against each other

Thats because both of them are overly hyper. Have you seen them at games, especially pre-game. London is the hyper of the two. Full throttle or red bull keep those boys crunk. I think that might be Allen's weakness is his energy.

Comment From Arif]

well thats because they are both 5th string... Jason doesnt get to cover teddy or Cam ... lol

well thats because they are both 5th string... Jason doesnt get to cover teddy or Cam ... lol

DOn't believe that. I'm sure every CB and WR get 2 see a bit of each other...coaches wouldn't be good coaches if they didn't allow this...

DOn't believe that. I'm sure every CB and WR get 2 see a bit of each other...coaches wouldn't be good coaches if they didn't allow this...

True.

There was a video on youtube of London making some nasty catches on W. Allen, J. Allen, Bell, Goodman and Renaldo Hill. They took it off but it was impressive.

Thats because both of them blow and both talk entirely too much for their skill level.

The question is not implying anything. It didn't read "Who is the best cover corner on the Dolphins" but simply who he has most fun with.

How great would it be if both of these guys panned out this year? We'd be REAL close then.

I think Allen will be a late bloomer b/c of never staying at one position. Well now he is a CB and only a CB. So, we will get to see if he progresses from last season. If he does take a big step forward then Miami secondary will be very good this season.

London has what we desperately need SIZE. We need him to make some plays around the goaline and on 3rd downs this season. We are in great need of the 4th WR for the endzone that can out leap DB's for the fade route.

I like Miami's chances right now to compete this season. After the draft I will really like there chances, if it is any near the kind of draft compared to last season.

Both are big and talented. Both need to put the work into getting better mentally.

Jason Allen hung with even the great Randy Moss, atleast physically, from a mental standpoint is where he gets beat.

I am confident both will be on the team this year but both need to prove their worth beyond that.
I like Jason Allen. He's a ball hawk/playmaker especially when the ball is in front of him.

I think he has problems when he has to turn his back to the QB and chase. His footwork is a little sloppy when turning and running. Part of the problem might be stamina or his weight. He might need to lose a few pounds.

Despite the 2 or 3 TDs by Moss he didn't do all that bad considering that he was 1 on 1 against one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game.

Ginn's play against Buffalo seemed more dominating than Moss's play against Allen!!

I like Jason Allen. He's a ball hawk/playmaker especially when the ball is in front of him.

I think he has problems when he has to turn his back to the QB and chase. His footwork is a little sloppy when turning and running. Part of the problem might be stamina or his weight. He might need to lose a few pounds.

Despite the 2 or 3 TDs by Moss he didn't do all that bad considering that he was 1 on 1 against one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game.

Ginn's play against Buffalo seemed more dominating than Moss's play against Allen!!

I honestly believe Jason Allen will not only start over Green but dominate the position in 09.
He is the only conner we have that has true shut-down potential.
having said that: I think it is do or die for young Jason this year. If he doesn't reveal a productivity to match his potential in 09, he won't be a Miami Dolphin in 2010.
The guy will either be great this year or he will be a certfied bust. no more excuses.

Back
Top Bottom