Brandt: Week 5 matchups to watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt: Week 5 matchups to watch

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
N.Y. Jets LB David Harris vs. Miami RB Ronnie Brown
The Jets are playing back-to-back road games, and rookie QB Mark Sanchez is coming off his first bad game. You can be sure Miami defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni will try to fool him with various coverages like New Orleans did last week.

Harris is a third-year player, who is playing at a Pro Bowl level. He was the Jets' leading tackler as a rookie in 2007 and leads them in tackles through four games this season and has two sacks. He has very good instincts, is very active and aggressive, takes good angles, and is a good tackler. He is said to be the player Denver coveted in a possible trade for Brandon Marshall before the draft, and now everyone can see why the Jets were not willing to part with him.

The Saints ran 32 times vs. the Jets with good success, so look for Miami to do the same. Brown is a strong runner with speed and good receiving ability. The southpaw can throw the ball from the Wildcat or on an option play. He's also a good blitz blocker, and he has acceleration and quickness. He's a bit of a straight-line rusher.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8133cefc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

We need to find ways to get Ronnie the ball. Either by the Wilcat, screens, sweeps, power runs, whatever, he has big play potential on every run and is the type of big back who can pund the rock against a stout D.

Funny how Ronnie Brown is a straight line rusher and yet the formation he's found the most success in has been the Wildcat which basically requires him to dance and shuffle between a number of potential holes.

Man there's going to be so much animosity Monday night I can't wait. I think the Dolphins are planning to carry some hella momentum into the bye. All we need to do is to hold onto the ball and play smart. Remember last year when we faced the Ravens the whole team was thinking. I think they're ready to just react and stomp some *** into the turf. Game of the week material.

Back
Top Bottom