Brantley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brantley

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
Do any Gators fans know how Brantley's taking to Weis and the pro-style offense he's installing? Taking a pro-style QB and trying to fit him into Meyers' spread offense was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole,so i'm just wondering. also,will Muschamp and his DC run a 4-3..3-4..or a hybrid?

If there's a guy with a scheme that he fits into, it's Charlie, and if there's a coach who can coach him up, it's Charlie. If he can't coach Brantley up like he did with guys like Clausen and Quinn then we'll really know he was a 4*/5* bust. But all the coaches have raved about how good he looked in spring practices which is what you'd probably expect to hear. The spring game was pretty vanilla so there wasn't much to go with there. When he took the job Muschamp said the defense would primarily be a 4-3 with some 3-4 mixed in so we'll see how that goes. He has this big emphasis to being a hard-nosed pro-style program which I like, but it's fairly new given what UF has seen since the end of the 80s.

If there's a guy with a scheme that he fits into, it's Charlie, and if there's a coach who can coach him up, it's Charlie. If he can't coach Brantley up like he did with guys like Clausen and Quinn then we'll really know he was a 4*/5* bust. But all the coaches have raved about how good he looked in spring practices which is what you'd probably expect to hear. The spring game was pretty vanilla so there wasn't much to go with there. When he took the job Muschamp said the defense would primarily be a 4-3 with some 3-4 mixed in so we'll see how that goes. He has this big emphasis to being a hard-nosed pro-style program which I like, but it's fairly new given what UF has seen since the end of the 80s.
Thanx CO,i appreciate the info,and ur right,Charlie should be able to coach him up like he did with the 2 guys you mentioned,as well as Cassel in KC..I hope the Defense does have some 3-4 looks thrown in,because with us running a 3-4,it'd be nice to be able to draft right out of our own backyard...i'd like the Gators as a team overall be able to be a pipeline for players to the NFL.

Muschamp runs a "hybrid" 4-3/3-4... it's what he learned from Saban throughout all his experience as an assistant and defensive coordinator under him. The philosophy is the same, which is basically to defend the run on 1st and 2nd down, with exotic blitz packages and coverages on 3rd downs and/or obvious passing situations.

Although there are slight differences..... Saban uses a "jack" linebacker/defensive end hybrid in 4 man fronts (Courtney Upshaw, Eryk Anders, etc.), whereas Muschamp uses a "buck" linebacker/defensive end hybrid (Brian Orakpo, Sergio Kindle, etc.) Muschamp's defense is typically in a 4 man front a lot more than Saban's. I'm not sure who's going to be Muschamp's "buck" this season at Florida, but whoever it is, is going to be a first year starter... most likely Ronald Powell.

Florida's defense is going to look a lot like the Dolphins defense did when Saban and Muschamp were there and had Jason Taylor playing the "buck" linebacker/defensive end hybrid position...

Either way, the Crocs defensive line is going to be full of youth and inexperience this season, as they're relying on a handfull of sophomores. The talent is obviously there... and Muschamp WILL have these kids playing their best football.... I guarantee you can count on that.

Back
Top Bottom