Brass Tax: Hey Oline Gurus! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brass Tax: Hey Oline Gurus!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What kind of a drop off are we honestly looking at on Monday? We are going from Cogs to Garner and Martin to Clabo. My guess is Martin and Clabo are about the same and Incognito is better than Garner. What do folks think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but that O line didn't miss a beat when Cog's got knocked out the game last week, hopefully they can keep it going

Overall, I don't consider the loss of Martin or Incognito anything special. They just aren't...it is just whether anyone can admit now... (Can we all face facts now and admit that Martin sucked and the only reason he started was so that the morons who picked him in the 2nd didn't want to look like total idiots...well, that failed...)

We have already seen Jerry and Clabo together on the right side, so we know what we have there already. And it isn't pretty.

McKinnie and Garner on the left is an unknown. Garner and McKinnie may actually play better than Martin and Incognito. The problem will be with stunts and blitzes and having to pass-off defenders. They haven't had much time to work together, so assignments may be an issue. I expect Monday may not be the best, but they should get better in a couple of weeks.

I think at least for pass blocking, McKinnie may be better than Martin; and Garner may be better at pulling and screens than Incognito. McKinnie though has problem with the run game, so the two of them together may not be really great in the run game. You have a relatively athletic guy now paired with a big powerful slug. Not sure how that pairing is going to work.

I thought I was going to read about filing tax returns, I'm serious.

;)

I don't expect our O line to be any worse than what it was before. They played pretty well, actually, and the O coordinator compensated with schemes. They had support with blocking using RB's and TE's in the last game, I think.

Maybe this forced the coaches to know what they have, instead of "think" they know what they have. In other words, on paper, at the beginning of the season, the O line did not look bad. So they kept expecting it to work. Now they have to adjust. Garner, has always been reliable, not worried about that.

Clabo >Martin

I like Garner, but Incognito is obviously the better player.

There is no depth behind these guys.

Cog is much better than Garner, and Jerry is better than Garner. Martin has been better than Clabo this year but, not by much. IF Clabo wakes up and plays to his talent, he is much better than Martin.

Think the line has improved in general during the season, slowly Sherman has made the O take account of our oline weakness. Overall I suspect it won't affect the line too much, injury permitting.

Garner can be solid however

I haven't seen it HF. Last year, he OK but, still below average, when he filled in at RT. Last week, I saw him get beat badly for a sack, and did not see anything in run blocking.

I haven't seen it HF. Last year, he OK but, still below average, when he filled in at RT. Last week, I saw him get beat badly for a sack, and did not see anything in run blocking.

Athletic, has filled in great at guard. In 2009, he was inside at guard and the team ran it great. I also find interesting that two very staffs found him good enough to leave around.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Btw, he is better than Jerry. That he was never starting ahead of Jerry was bad coaching.

We should be ok vs the bucs edge players we can help Clabo with sims or yeatman in extra OT packages...martin is a better player than Clabo in the run game on the right side we will struggle to run outside IMO with Clabo and McKinnie...the concern is the dt Gerald McCoy against our guards I would help garner in pass pro as much as possible with pouncey...

Hopefully we won't see any blown assignments up front...make Tampa have to bring lbs or DBS to get pressure more one on one looks for clay hartline and Mathews and miller and Thomas out of the backfield...

I expect McKinnie to win in pass pro just about every time...I'd put him on an island

Lb lavonte David is a better player and more instinctual than any backer we have I expect he will sniff out some things

Back
Top Bottom