Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

He's a punk. He can't even wait till he actually has a job? Sounds like a gift from an agent. Come sign me as your agent and I'll give you some serious spending money until your contract is signed. The ethics just reak on this one...

--Ross

:yeahthat:
LtDan662002 said:
He laid huge numbers on my Buckeyes 3 years running. That shows that he shows up in the "big games" and that would be a bonus!!

NOTE: LeBron got a Hummer before getting out of high school. Is he a bust too for doing that???.....hmmmmmm.....NO!!!

i read some where that braylon was going to donate some of his signing bonus to charity. hes rich, rich people buy good stuff. whats so bad about that?

pwn3dyo said:
i read some where that braylon was going to donate some of his signing bonus to charity. hes rich, rich people buy good stuff. whats so bad about that?

He isn't rich yet.

Charity is a good thing. Randy Moss loves charity. It didn't excuse the behavior people found to be bad in him, either.

LOL!! If you were about to get the contract he's going to get would you not buy a Bentley or everything else you would want??

I guess a guy who buys a Bentley means he cant play football.

Ross said:
He's a punk. He can't even wait till he actually has a job? Sounds like a gift from an agent. Come sign me as your agent and I'll give you some serious spending money until your contract is signed. The ethics just reak on this one...

--Ross
Dude, he is 21 years old, about to sign a multi million dollar contract, I had that luxury I would be out buying me a New Porsche Carrera GT at $400,000.00, not pimping down with some $150,000 car. Agents lend their players money all the time, who cares. If he screws up on the field then call him a punk, but until then he is going to be a very rich young man very soon and entitled to spending his money as he sees fit.

More Likely

HVACservice said:
He bought a Bentley so he is going to be a a bust?

What arrogant statements has he made?

More likely he will be broke by the time his career is over. Based on his first big purchase, he doesn't seem to have the mindet or skills to preserve and increase his (future) weatlh. Move over MC Hammer, Braylan Edwards is coming to join you in the "Where Are They Know" Hall of Fame.

CaptainK said:
More likely he will be broke by the time his career is over. Based on his first big purchase, he doesn't seem to have the mindet or skills to preserve and increase his (future) weatlh. Move over MC Hammer, Braylan Edwards is coming to join you in the "Where Are They Know" Hall of Fame.

But....

Why would I care?

Braylon Edwards is a grown man.

I want to draft an elite receiver .....

Not a Best friend.

PhinsPhan said:
tough to argue with a guy who has braylon edwards in his signature. Look I was all for this guy. But when you go out a buy a Bentley to me this indicates the sense of you have already made it.

Hello.... there are about 3 or 4 teams trying to trade up in the draft the get this guy... HE HAS ALREADY MADE IT!!!!

PhinsPhan said:
He says he "can dominate in the NFL and he is the best player in the draft and sees no reason why he shouldnt be picked first." (Quote not exact). On PTI they also said he has even talked about how good he looks (havent hear this before though). He just doesnt sound like the Braylon Edwards that "always tries to think of what Jerry Rice is doing."

Please tell me how talking about how you look, and being confident about your skills, mean that he is going to be a locker room cancer. Coaches LOVE when the player is confident. If a player said "well, I think I can do good in the NFL." how would that make him look?

PhinsPhan said:
A Hummer from someone (no one asked who bought him the Hummer) is much different than going out and buying a vehicle worth 3 times as much.

It's all relative. Braylon will be making more than 3 times as much as Parrish.

PhinsPhan said:
The point is why risk your best pick overall when there is Mike Williams who may even be better but is less of a risk and has no cancerous or narcissitic traits.

Every pick is a risk. And the fact that Mike Williams tried to come out early and go to the NFL says that he felt that he shouldn't have to obey the rules setup by the NFL.At least with your line of thinking thats what it says.

The fact of the matter is, that in less than 48 hrs Braylon will be able to buy 100 of those cars, and pay cash. So F-ing what, if he wanted a little early reward.

HVACservice said:
But....

Why would I care?

Braylon Edwards is a grown man.

I want to draft an elite receiver .....

Not a Best friend.

I've heard this about Edwards for some time now. It's good to be confident, but not arrogant. Yes he has talent in droves but sometimes you need to be humble about it. I hate to use this as someone else did because i believe each football player is their own man but he is a "michigan wide receiver" and being one of those has a bad track record. I'm starting to like Mike Williams a little better just because we all know he has talent including Mike...but he isn't ****y about it.

merlin00069 said:
I've heard this about Edwards for some time now. It's good to be confident, but not arrogant. Yes he has talent in droves but sometimes you need to be humble about it. I hate to use this as someone else did because i believe each football player is their own man but he is a "michigan wide receiver" and being one of those has a bad track record. I'm starting to like Mike Williams a little better just because we all know he has talent including Mike...but he isn't ****y about it.

Mike Williams is a great football player.

But thats not what this thread was about......

Jimmy James said:
No -- it's not just credit. If he wants to go celebrate his selection Saturday by buying a car, that's credit and is fine with me. That's what really rubs me the wrong way -- he can't even keep his pants on long enough to get picked before he starts up.
that truely is a lame excuse on your part...so i guess lebron james, kellen winslow, mike vick, pac man are the same then too...your arguement along with the thread starter are quite stupid..

Back
Top Bottom