Braylon Edwards and A Rodge: Same success if drafted by the fins?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards and A Rodge: Same success if drafted by the fins??

WISfinfan13

Enter at your own risk...
Reaction score
The idea behind this thread comes from the following two threads:

was the 2005 draft the worst draft ever??
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/was-the-2005-top-5-draft-class-the-worst-ever-229259.html

and

Ronnie Brown worthy of the #2 Pick??
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/ronnie-brown-worthy-of-2-pick-229215.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I get to my main point, I want to make a few points. Take a look at the 2005 draft!! From top to bottom there was a ton of Pro-Bowl type talent from top to bottom!!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2005&round=round1

If we could have a re-do with the 2005 draft. I think I would take DeMarcus Ware, with Shawne Merriman coming in at a close second (only because of his injury, and his steriods). But in reality we would have never taken Ware or Merriman.

IMO, Ronnie probably wasnt the smartest pick, given the track record of RBs taken early. And the fact that Ronnie wasnt the starting RB on his own college team. But Ill admit Ronnie's combine won me over and at the time I was happy we drafted him. In hindsight do I wish we would have gone a different route?? Yes. But If Ronnie can come back from this injury and play like he proved he could last season, I wont reget the pick at all.

Coming into '05 draft it seemed like Saban was choosing between Benson, Caddy, Ronnie, Braylon and Rodgers.

So the question (or discussion) I wanted to raise:

If the Dolphins would have drafted Braylon Edwards or Aaron Rodgers, do you think either of them would have enjoyed the same success as a Dolphin as they have with their respective teams??

Thoughts?? (Ill give my opinion after some responses)

the thing is, I sometimes wonder those questions... then I get a little deeper and think to myself, If Ronnie Brown was drafted by some other team and was tearing it up and we passed on him, what would that say... you get me?

Bad luck, is just my lazy, don't wanna think about it too much answer...

I doubt they would, that was our first draft and our oline stunk. if anything i would redo the 2006 draft. I WANTED JAY CUTLER SO BAD!.

the thing is, I sometimes wonder those questions... then I get a little deeper and think to myself, If Ronnie Brown was drafted by some other team and was tearing it up and we passed on him, what would that say... you get me?

Bad luck, is just my lazy, don't wanna think about it too much answer...

Hey put Ronnie Brown in the broncos, with those reciving threats and Jay Cutler's arm, he would tear it up.

Hey put Ronnie Brown in the broncos, with those reciving threats and Jay Cutler's arm, he would tear it up.

This is also irrelevant. Of course Ronnie Brown would tear it up with the Broncos. He tears it up with the Dolphins. He just cant stay healthy.

Back to the topic at hand.

I think its safe to say that Rodger's would have fallen just like everyother QB who has been here since Marino. He would have been thrown in the fire in his first (or at the lastest) second year. The pressure would have gotten to him, and most people would probably be saying "Aaron who?".

Went it comes to Braylon its alittle more interesting. Right now our recievers are horrible. If Braylon was on our squad, we wouldnt be able to say that. But would the his lack of a QB cause him to fall under the radar and also be considered a bust?? My guess is no. I think Braylon Edwards has top 5 talent. Derrick Anderson should buy Braylon a car or something. If it wasnt for Braylon, Derrick Anderson would be lumped together with all our reject QBs in the post Marino era.

Everything changs obviously depending on where people go.

In 05 I still to this day would have take Edwards or Rodgers over Brown. Which is who I wanted. Never wanted Ronnie

In 2006- I still would have drafted Allen. Whitner was the guy I wanted till the Bills leap frogged lol. Even with the injury and with the issues he has had, I always stick with my first guy.

In 2007- Still would have taken Quinn over Ginn any day of the week. Heck, I would rather have just given the pic to NE or some team like that to not have drafted Ginn. J/K of course Drafting Ginn cost us atleast 2 years of not going after a legit #1WR

if bp was here we would have had ware instead of brown i do not think an rb is worth of a top 10 pick. we could have gone defense

If I were given the proverbial "mulligan", I still would have taken Brown. At the time we still had Chris Chambers. For whatever reason I'm still not sold on Rodgers. I'll wait until they play the Cowboys this week and then maybe I'll revise or even retract my statement.

guys, previous regimes would have completely screwed rodgers career. he'd probably be out out of football currently, or close to is. Braylon might have been a solid pick, though. Either way, no highly drafted player would thrive in Miami like they would in other systems. It time to take the aqua & orage goggles off, gentlemen. this franchis has been garbage for years, and is CORRECTLY getting gutted.

85740067_89b4772174-1.jpg

Hmm no matter who we would have taken there is no chance a drafted player would have success with us is what I seem to be hearing lol. Desean Jackson has 100 yards apiece in his first two games and all we hear is Ginn could do that if. True if I were 7 foot I would be in the NBA but Im not so I deal with that fact as we should with our players. Its not out of the realm of possibility that other players may be better than the guys we draft. I know thats a hard fact but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom