Braylon Edwards conract all incentive based. No Guaranteed $$$ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards conract all incentive based. No Guaranteed $$$

dolphinfan41

Active Roster
Reaction score
Edwards has a $1 million base salary, and no guaranteed money. The reported $3.5 million salary for 2011 is what Edwards will earn only if he reaches all his incentives, including catching 90 passes and making the Pro Bowl.

I would of took a chance on him with that contract. Trouble or no trouble, worst case scenario, you only lose 1 mil. :err:

Our team doesn't take risks remember? They tried once (P White) and it smacked them in the face.

I too would have taken a chance on Braylon @ 1M. Him, Marshall & Bess would be one of the best 1-2-3 WR tandems in football. I guess the regime prefers Brian Hartline...

Edwards has a $1 million base salary, and no guaranteed money. The reported $3.5 million salary for 2011 is what Edwards will earn only if he reaches all his incentives, including catching 90 passes and making the Pro Bowl.

I would of took a chance on him with that contract. Trouble or no trouble, worst case scenario, you only lose 1 mil. :err:
come on, dont you know better. that would have actually made sense, why would they have done it.

now if it was for a 34 year old + offensive lineman, then yes, he would have been signed on the dot, or a 36 year old running back who has not been in the league for 5 years now in tiki barber, then we look at him, but a 28 year old receiver, who despite having some off the field issues, and despite his drops occasionally, would have given us that big time 2nd wr who would draw coverage, be able to make plays deep down field, and would have come as indicated by what the 49ers got him for, relatively cheap, yet we take no chance.

in sports, in life in general, you gotta take risks, and unfortunately, the past decade plus, we have taken basically zero risks, and that is why us fans have had to suffer through all of this. all of us are still gonna stick around because we love our team through good and bad, but its about time this team starts taking risks.

come on, dont you know better. that would have actually made sense, why would they have done it.

now if it was for a 34 year old + offensive lineman, then yes, he would have been signed on the dot, or a 36 year old running back who has not been in the league for 5 years now in tiki barber, then we look at him, but a 28 year old receiver, who despite having some off the field issues, and despite his drops occasionally, would have given us that big time 2nd wr who would draw coverage, be able to make plays deep down field, and would have come as indicated by what the 49ers got him for, relatively cheap, yet we take no chance.

in sports, in life in general, you gotta take risks, and unfortunately, the past decade plus, we have taken basically zero risks, and that is why us fans have had to suffer through all of this. all of us are still gonna stick around because we love our team through good and bad, but its about time this team starts taking risks.
Made so much sense that it took this long for a team to do it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Our team doesn't take risks remember? They tried once (P White) and it smacked them in the face.

I too would have taken a chance on Braylon @ 1M. Him, Marshall & Bess would be one of the best 1-2-3 WR tandems in football. I guess the regime prefers Brian Hartline...

Yeah, Marshall isn't a risk. Ok.

Quit blasting the FO for not making a move, geesh. It's not the end of the world that we didn't get an overrated receiver

I'm just going to requote this and thats it...

Honestly he just doesn't look like he will ever get his act together so whatever hardline is doing great from what I've been reading

I would have taken a chance with him at the price, but I dont think we would want that headcase in the first place. Marshall is getting his head fixed with his mental problems and we dont need Edwards with his off the field anticks. And Edwards cant even catch a pass even if it hit in the chest. Im glad we didnt get him

I would also have taken a shot at that price, but obviously the inside scuttlebutt on him must be so troublesome that they make the rumors surrounding Mallett look like child pranks by comparison.

1 headcase extra does not a team make....

thats a great quote...it should go down in history.

Bring in a big time playmaker, give ourselves one of the best receiving corps in the business and only spend 1 million guaranteed in the process? Why the hell would we do that?

Bring in a big time playmaker, give ourselves one of the best receiving corps in the business and only spend 1 million guaranteed in the process? Why the hell would we do that?

Playmaker? Edwards is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. If he was such a playmaker why didn't the Jets re-sign him? Why did it take this long for someone to make him an offer? Why was it only a one year deal?

He got passed over for a WR that's been in jail for two years. He was traded from one of the worst teams in football (Cleveland) who had no other receivers to speak of.

Edwards had one good season in 2007 and he's been living off of that ever since. I bet that if he were playing for the Dolphins we'd all be wondering what we could get in a trade for him because, as usual, every other teams players or big name free agent is better than whatever we have on our roster. You guys haven't even seen our receiving corp in the preseason but it automatically sucks and we need an upgrade. Players develop, they get better, chemistry builds. I bet this years WR corp is deeper and better than last years...just wait.

Made so much sense that it took this long for a team to do it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Yeah, Marshall isn't a risk. Ok.
one risk move does not mean define us as a team who likes to take risks. the bottom line is, here you had a wr who you could have gotten for 1 million dollars, which in sports terms is like a dollar to me and you, and non guaranteed money.

worst case scenario, he is a failure, gets into trouble, and you cut him. the guy is a play maker, he would have been the one wide receiver on our team who can run deep routes consistently, and would have made it almost impossible to cover marshall without get hurt down field.

it was their for the taking, we needed a 2nd wr, and we didnt take a chance. thats it.

one risk move does not mean define us as a team who likes to take risks. the bottom line is, here you had a wr who you could have gotten for 1 million dollars, which in sports terms is like a dollar to me and you, and non guaranteed money.

worst case scenario, he is a failure, gets into trouble, and you cut him. the guy is a play maker, he would have been the one wide receiver on our team who can run deep routes consistently, and would have made it almost impossible to cover marshall without get hurt down field.

it was their for the taking, we needed a 2nd wr, and we didnt take a chance. thats it.
The post I was replying to already stated Pat White as another risk we took that blew up in our face. To be honest, I would've signed him at that price, but its really not a huge deal that we didn't.

Who gives a ****? **** Braylon Edwards. I never wanted any part of that bum on our team.

Back
Top Bottom