Braylon Edwards conract all incentive based. No Guaranteed $$$ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards conract all incentive based. No Guaranteed $$$

The post I was replying to already stated Pat White as another risk we took that blew up in our face. To be honest, I would've signed him at that price, but its really not a huge deal that we didn't.
o my bad then, and ya that was another disaster.

anyways, i dont want to say its a BIG deal we didnt sign him, but i just think this front office needs to get its priorities straight. how many years are we going to sit here and watch this team sign washed up offensive lineman, rather than get big impact players who will help us win games?

dont get me wrong, depth is important,but we have been lacking a big play number 2 wr, and edwards would have been a great addition, low risk, high reward guy for this team. he could have made our offense explosive. im not going to make it seem like we just didnt sign jerry rice, or randy moss in his prime, etc, but its a guy who for that price should have been brought in here.

also, we need a play making tight end, 2 guys who were out their, zach miller and kevin boss, not saying they are tony gonzalez in his prime, etc, but any of those guys could have come in here and made a difference in our passing game as a tight end. kevin boss is really underrated.

Playmaker? Edwards is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. If he was such a playmaker why didn't the Jets re-sign him? Why did it take this long for someone to make him an offer? Why was it only a one year deal?

He got passed over for a WR that's been in jail for two years. He was traded from one of the worst teams in football (Cleveland) who had no other receivers to speak of.

Edwards had one good season in 2007 and he's been living off of that ever since. I bet that if he were playing for the Dolphins we'd all be wondering what we could get in a trade for him because, as usual, every other teams players or big name free agent is better than whatever we have on our roster. You guys haven't even seen our receiving corp in the preseason but it automatically sucks and we need an upgrade. Players develop, they get better, chemistry builds. I bet this years WR corp is deeper and better than last years...just wait.

If you dont think Edwards is a playmaker then you havent seen him play very much.

Braylon Edwards played very well for us during the time he was here. He's made big play after big play for us at receiver and made some huge plays in the 2010 playoffs. I actually think it was a big mistake by the Jets not to resign him as I liked the chemistry that him and Santonio were both building with Sanchez. Fortunately for us we were able to replace him with Plaxico Burress who at the very least has the potential to be just as good for us.

He would have helped you guys out tremendously. He is a 6'3 WR who has really good speed. He and Marshall would have made for a great 1-2 and would have given Henne an actual chance to succeed with some real weapons at his disposal.

Back
Top Bottom