Braylon Edwards makes sense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards makes sense

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If you asked me about Braylon Edwards a few weeks ago, I surely have expressed it was one of our mayor strengths and would be a luxury.

Today I think his hiring makes sense.

There's no question that during his college days at Michigan, Chad Henne's favorite target was called Braylon Edwards. Of course we have seen a big number of failures from Edwards during his days with Browns & Jets, but also it's clear he can make great catches when required.

But when I said he's valuable for Dolphins I wasn't focused on Chad Henne, but Brandon Marshall.

After reading some articles on BPD diagnosis and treatment, I noticed Brandon needs to relax a lot in order to put his mind back on trail. That translates into lowering his work pressure, meaning he can't be pushed too much by his couches.

So Dolphins require a second option as primary target. That's where adding Braylon Edwards makes sense, but teams like Cards could move for him first.

Your thoughts?

ARIZONA Cardinals are hot and heavy on the Edwards trail. He has many friends on the team and would compliment Larry Fitzgerald quite well.

There is also the question on if he will be suspended and for how many games for his DUI conviction he had recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give yr challenged quarterback some help and a chance to actually succeed maybe? The **** would we want to do that for?

If you asked me about Braylon Edwards a few weeks ago, I surely have expressed it was one of our mayor strengths and would be a luxury.

Today I think his hiring makes sense.

There's no question that during his college days at Michigan, Chad Henne's favorite target was called Braylon Edwards. Of course we have seen a big number of failures from Edwards during his days with Browns & Jets, but also it's clear he can make great catches when required.

But when I said he's valuable for Dolphins I wasn't focused on Chad Henne, but Brandon Marshall.

After reading some articles on BPD diagnosis and treatment, I noticed Brandon needs to relax a lot in order to put his mind back on trail. That translates into lowering his work pressure, meaning he can't be pushed too much by his couches.

So Dolphins require a second option as primary target. That's where adding Braylon Edwards makes sense, but teams like Cards could move for him first.

Your thoughts?

What failures here? he dropped a couple of passes in '09 but he was really good for us for the less than 2 years he was here. Whoever gets him will be very happy, I am disappointed we didn't bring him back but I hope he goes to Ari and forms one of the best duos in the league.

I was thinking the same thing about Marshall and his "condition".. He needs to be removed of stress and allowed to focus only on football.. If we can see this.. then why in the world cant the FO, Sparano, Ireland and everyone closer to him, see this??

I was thinking the same thing about Marshall and his "condition".. He needs to be removed of stress and allowed to focus only on football.. If we can see this.. then why in the world cant the FO, Sparano, Ireland and everyone closer to him, see this??

Cause there complete morons.

It's really disappointing that with probably the best free agent WR crop we are gonna have in a long time, this team didn't go out and do another darn thing. It's probably another case of them being overly optimistic about the player they have as a number 2 receiver, Hartline, and not seeing what everyone else in the world can see about him being far too inconsistent to be a starting wide receiver.

I think it probably has a lot to do with Braylon's asking price. He wants big dollars, and he wants to make sure that no team is willing to pay that for him before he lowers his price. Arizona will likely pay big money for him. If not, then I expect Miami to get into the race.

It's really disappointing that with probably the best free agent WR crop we are gonna have in a long time, this team didn't go out and do another darn thing. It's probably another case of them being overly optimistic about the player they have as a number 2 receiver, Hartline, and not seeing what everyone else in the world can see about him being far too inconsistent to be a starting wide receiver.

They brought in a top WR just a year ago, give them a little credit.

Back
Top Bottom