Bread and Butter Plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bread and Butter Plays

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I asked a while back what our bread and butter plays would be, or are. There were no real answers at that time aside from speculation. Any great team has its bread and butter plays that they run well even when the defense they are playing knows it. They are good at these plays and perhaps even trade mark plays.

Chambers reverse was mentioned and it is somewhat true. Last game Ricky stated "'At one point we ran the same play five straight times". What play was it?

Not sure the one which you're referring to, but the one play I love, and it's always worked is when Gus looks inside to hand the ball off, then pitches it out to the RB.

That was the same play RB scored against KC with, and the one where Ricky had atleast 15 yards against Tenn with...

One B and B play for miami has been the draw. We run that an awful lot.

Finland said:
Last game Ricky stated "'At one point we ran the same play five straight times". What play was it?

It was a full-house type formation run. Alex Holmes lined up as the left fullback, Darian Barnes the right fullback, and McMichael lined next to RT. Barnes blocked straight ahead, and Holmes and Jeno James pulled towards the right side.

That's the first time I've seen it.

Another we've used a few times is a kind of neat one. They go out on the field in an empty backfield, and motion Ronnie Brown or Sammy Morris in at fullback and then hand off to them. They've run it 4-5 times this season, and it seems like it is money every time.

Hostile7 said:
Not sure the one which you're referring to, but the one play I love, and it's always worked is when Gus looks inside to hand the ball off, then pitches it out to the RB.

That was the same play RB scored against KC with, and the one where Ricky had atleast 15 yards against Tenn with...
that play is money

Disgustipate said:
It was a full-house type formation run. Alex Holmes lined up as the left fullback, Darian Barnes the right fullback, and McMichael lined next to RT. Barnes blocked straight ahead, and Holmes and Jeno James pulled towards the right side.

That's the first time I've seen it.

Another we've used a few times is a kind of neat one. They go out on the field in an empty backfield, and motion Ronnie Brown or Sammy Morris in at fullback and then hand off to them. They've run it 4-5 times this season, and it seems like it is money every time.

Once again, a USC palyer plays a big role. Albeit, a "grimey" one.

Whatever that play was, it was Ricky off the right side. They ran him off the right side ALL DAY. I remember saying something like,"How about we switch it up and go left once for Christ sakes."

I like the HB Toss to Ronnie. That one is Bread & Butter sometimes. I'd like to see it this week against the Patriots, if Ronnie plays.

Finland said:
I asked a while back what our bread and butter plays would be, or are. There were no real answers at that time aside from speculation. Any great team has its bread and butter plays that they run well even when the defense they are playing knows it. They are good at these plays and perhaps even trade mark plays.

Chambers reverse was mentioned and it is somewhat true. Last game Ricky stated "'At one point we ran the same play five straight times". What play was it?

Well... Ricky's "bread & butter" play is the counter... he loves it...

the fake fullback half back pitch, and outside pitch plays work realy well.

The play yall are talking about is Fb Fake Toss which juss fakes to fb and toss to rb like was said earlier

Is a counter play where the FB goes right and the RB goes left...the o-line seems to be going right also but the guard pulls the other way...in the TENN game tho, we were just running right cos our coaches felt that we could run it that way as other teams had done it to them before and it waorked as Ricky did most of the damage going that right.

Ozzy rules!!

You know what play works alot. The gus semi-fumbled snap, recover and touchdown throw to chambers. Hasnt that happened like 2 or 3 times and worked.

WestCoastPhins said:
You know what play works alot. The gus semi-fumbled snap, recover and touchdown throw to chambers. Hasnt that happened like 2 or 3 times and worked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WestCoastPhins said:

Never fails!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WestCoastPhins said:

That would be funnier if it wasn't true. Both times it has happened it almost looked like Gus wasn't expecting the throw either. Like he was looking around and then WHAM! " Huh what is this thing? a football WTF is a football doing on the ground? I better pick it up. Ahhh these guys are chasing me! Chris you take it!"

TOUCHDOWN MIAMI.

Back
Top Bottom