Break From Coach Search - Shula Memories | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Break From Coach Search - Shula Memories

Mindtornado

2025 FHMM Champion
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This thread doesn’t care who you want to be the next Dolphins’ Head Coach.

It only wants you to share your favorite Mr. 347 memory and favorite picture of The Don.

In this one you can see that this man was going to win more football games than anyone else.

BEB8F64B-7BDB-436C-B7AC-FF69320F888C.jpeg

My best memory of the Man was the 22oz. Dry-Aged Ribeye I ate at his restaurant near DC. Think it’s closed now, but I thought about and thanked Coach with every bite. I cannot eat a steak without comparing it the GOAT steak and thinking of the GOAT coach.

8F36257B-80CF-4913-AE09-51328B0C8162.jpeg

What are yours?

Arnsparger smoking on the sidelines. Classic!
I'll never forget flying up to Seattle in '92 when I lived in SoCal to meet up with my Dad for his birthday and watching Miami beat Seattle 19-17. Pop was a big Shula fan and I know it meant a lot to see him coach in person. Sister and bro in law were Hawks season ticket holders then. Was nice to see us win that game, lol.

Last edited:
For me it was simply getting his autograph when I was in High School and him saying a few words to me. He had retired by that point, but the fire was still in his eyes. A true lover of the sport.

Great man and the greatest coach this team will ever have, period. Miss him all the time.

My best memory of the Man was the 22oz. Dry-Aged Ribeye I ate at his restaurant near DC. Think it’s closed now, but I thought about and thanked Coach with every bite. I cannot eat a steak without comparing it the GOAT steak and thinking of the GOAT coach.

View attachment 94360
I missed my chance! When a Shula's Steakhouse opened near me, I didn't go because IMO it was too expensive. A friend (and fellow Miami fan) from work went and got Don's autograph. I should have gone too! :bobdole:

It only wants you to share your favorite Mr. 347 memory and favorite picture of The Don.

In this one you can see that this man was going to win more football games than anyone else.

View attachment 94359

View attachment 94360

What are yours?
Thank you

View attachment 94359

View attachment 94360

What are yours?
Damn now I'm hungry

I sometimes wonder how successful Shula could have been in the salary cap era?

Joe Robbie was a notorious cheap skate. I wouldn't doubt that Miami's salary was near the bottom of the barrel. And yet Shula has the all-time win record.

His dominance might have been even greater with essentially equal salaries per team.

Anyway, I appreciate what Shula was. Always felt the Dolphins had a chance with Shula as the head coach.

I sometimes wonder how successful Shula could have been in the salary cap era?

Joe Robbie was a notorious cheap skate. I wouldn't doubt that Miami's salary was near the bottom of the barrel. And yet Shula has the all-time win record.

His dominance might have been even greater with essentially equal salaries per team.

Anyway, I appreciate what Shula was. Always felt the Dolphins had a chance with Shula as the head coach.
Griese in his book said Robbie opened up his checkbook to a lot of players once the big 3 bolted for the WFL. He had to!

Back
Top Bottom