Breakdown of Wisconsin LB Chris Borland (Senior Bowl, career tape and other notes) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breakdown of Wisconsin LB Chris Borland (Senior Bowl, career tape and other notes)

I will admit that Borland may not be the best fit for the 4-3.. His athleticism will get exposed a lot more there with him handling more coverage duties. I still think he'll be a good player, but it may not be for the phins current system.

Smallwood is a great find though, and if here's there for us at #50 I'd be calling for him. Hopefully we can be active with OL in free agency, so we can spend fewer draft picks on it (we have to use at least two though, no doubt).. Would allow us to pick up very good LB and RB in the earlier rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me offer you a Chris Borland clone you can have in the final rounds or UDFA. Jake Doughty of Utah St. Similar build, 6ft and 235 or something, the guy is a machine. 148 tackles, 45 solo, 2 PDs, 2 sacks 1 Int.

Part of one of the top 3 run stopping defenses in the NCAA. Only 2 teams got over 100yds rushing all year. Doughty was a huge part of that.

This kid may not even get taken in the 7th, as there is zero buzz about him.

This is from last season against LA Tech. Doughty is #51, playing mostly Mike.
[video=youtube;keIVOvePCaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIVOvePCaY&list=PLnssIg3jR71Vt-COsermK5RKI7ClKJwMh[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the positives in Borland but I would not make the selection until round 3 at the earliest. Off the charts instincts but limited physically

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Let me offer you a Chris Borland clone you can have in the final rounds or UDFA. Jake Doughty of Utah St. Similar build, 6ft and 235 or something, the guy is a machine. 148 tackles, 45 solo, 2 PDs, 2 sacks 1 Int.

Part of one of the top 3 run stopping defenses in the NCAA. Only 2 teams got over 100yds rushing all year. Doughty was a huge part of that.

I've seen some of his game and I have no doubt we have his scouted. We have too many western scouts not to have the kid in our sights if they think he fits our d. Good find though.

I would love to see Borland in a Fins uniform.

I like him. I'm not sure about how high we need to draft a MLB, and given the decent production and high salary we paid Ellerbe, I doubt we draft an MLB in rounds 2-3. For the Dolphins, this draft needs to be about the OL. But, he does have that Zach Thomas, Sam Mills makeup. He is a guy who is a solid thumper in a small package that makes up for lack of size and length with extremely good instincts. As a prospect, I could see him being one of those surprisingly good guys who is drafted lower than he should because of position (MLB/ILB are historically drafted low) and lack of measurables. It worked out OK for Seattle drafting Bobby Wilson though. :)

This is from last season against LA Tech. Doughty is #51, playing mostly Mike.
[video=youtube;keIVOvePCaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIVOvePCaY&list=PLnssIg3jR71Vt-COsermK5RKI7ClKJwMh[/video]

Hey man, did you watch that video you posted? It is almost entirely Utah State on offense ... so skimming it I saw zero footage of them on defense or anyone on either team as number 51. I think you accidently posted the wrong video. If not, would you mind letting me know where in that video your guy shows up? I'm always interested in game footage of players, even highlight reel stuff, but I'm missing it on this one.

You're right, posted the wrong one!

[video=youtube_share;KLN15YaVgAM]http://youtu.be/KLN15YaVgAM[/video]

Back
Top Bottom