BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Acquire Pau Gasol | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Acquire Pau Gasol

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/feb/01/gasol-traded-lakers/

The Commercial Appeal has learned that the Grizzlies have traded Pau Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers for center Kwame Brown, rookie guard Javaris Crittenton and first-round draft picks in 2008 and 2010.
Wowwwwwww........

When Bynum gets back:

G - Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar
G - Kobe Bryant
F - Lamar Odom
F - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

That's crazy.

Consider the fact that the Lakers were #1 in the West without Gasol prior to Bynum's injury.

Now you add a 19/9 50% shooting 27-year old 7-footer......

Jerry West committed highway robbery here.....they got Kwame, Crittendon PLUS two first rounders for a big stiff. West shows why he is the best GM in the game....got rid of a big contract as well.

The best lineup in basketball. the length is incredible. I can't make a case for how this team doesn't win a championship this year. (If they stay healthy of course)

WHAT A MOVE!

Jerry West committed highway robbery here.....they got Kwame, Crittendon PLUS two first rounders for a big stiff. West shows why he is the best GM in the game....got rid of a big contract as well.

Couldn;t disagree more. This deal adds length. they can;t lose down the stretch anymore. The rebounding edge that this team will have is insane.

wow... the west just got a whole lot more interesting.

Couldn;t disagree more. This deal adds length. they can;t lose down the stretch anymore. The rebounding edge that this team will have is insane.

I wouldn't get that carried away. Despite all of his faults, Kwame is better at hitting the boards than Gasol.

Its a move he has to make, but the Kupchak is still taking a huge gamble here. Hes giving up more than it took for the Heat to land Shaq. Its worth it if it keeps Kobe in town and they can add to the trophy case but otherwise it will be hard to defend.

I wouldn't get that carried away. Despite all of his faults, Kwame is better at hitting the boards than Gasol.

Its a move he has to make, but the Kupchak is still taking a huge gamble here. Hes giving up more than it took for the Heat to land Shaq. Its worth it if it keeps Kobe in town and they can add to the trophy case but otherwise it will be hard to defend.

But Kwame is a dumb basketball player. And can't be on the court with Bynum. Gasol's game allows him to see minutes with Bynum and Odom.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not trying to compare the two. Gasol just isn't known for his defensive or rebounding prowess. Of course you never know if he was just fed up with the situation in Memphis and stop trying. All I'm saying is that its not as one-sided a trade as its being made out to be. The Lakers gave up their future and there is no guarantee that this even gets them out of the West.

However those 1st Rd picks will be low 20's at best.

This is a great deal. It makes Lamar the 4th option on Offense.

It sucks to loose the potential of Crit. ,but Farmar has been playing so well it's a loss that's easy to take.

Actually, it's Mitch Kupchak. But I don't doubt West had a hand in it as he was the GM for both teams at different times.

Sucks to lose Critt since he's got potential, likewise for Marc Gasol because it would've been sweet to have the two together on the same squad and those 2 1st rounders. But this lineup, when healthy, can probably match up well vs the East All-Stars.

Looks like the Cold War between Celtics and Lakers is on. Celts have their big 3. We have our big 4.

Back
Top Bottom