Breaking News with NO LINK | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News with NO LINK

burger13

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
My friend is a Cowboy fan and just told me that they are reporting on cowboyszone.com that:

Charles Woodson's franchise tag is being revoked

&

Brett Favre is announcing his retirement this afternoon.

I don't see how the Woodosn thing is even possible and don't believe it, but there is a link to a Raider insider site and it does show that headline....(unable to see content though, insiders only).

Sorry no link......but at least I was up front about it. :)

burger13 said:
Sorry no link......but at least I was up front about it. :)

:lol: You avoided getting run over that's for sure.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Favre retire, but I thought he'd play at least 1 more year. I know his daughter wanted him to retire.

We'll see on the next sportscenter break on 1050 if they mention these things.

I also just saw on ESPN that the Pats are not going to pick up the option on WR T.Brown making him a FA.

I also heard on a Detroit radio that the Lions have a chance at their division because Green Bay will not having Favre this season. I think you are right might be retiring but the Lions still have no shot.

A signed tender cannot be revoked in any business. Its a signed contract.

Woodsen signed the tender, so I think (NOT SURE) the Raiders are stuck unless they trade him!

Maybe we can trade the Pack AJ!!!

Oakland Raiders
CB Charles Woodson's $10.537 million tender is an expensive outlay for a cornerback in today's NFL, where rules favoring the passing game have conspired to prevent defensive backs from achieving greatness. Their hands have been tied and that has all but made the "shutdown corner" a thing of the past. Take Denver and Champ Bailey. Porter burned him for three touchdowns in a game this past season. And perhaps that is the reason the Raiders removed the exclusive franchise tag from Woodson's name Tuesday. By making him non-exclusive, they can trade him to another club if another club thinks he merits that kind of money. And if no club comes calling, the Raiders have ammunition to fire back at the Poston brothers and negotiate a long-term deal with him later this year. If the outside offer does come through, the Raiders can opt to match it or let him go and accept two first round draft picks instead. Either way, by removing the exclusive tag, the Raiders have all but said if they can finish No. 30 in the league on defense with Woodson, they can certainly do at least that well without him.

From the raiders INSIDER site.

fins2923 said:
A signed tender cannot be revoked in any business. Its a signed contract.
unless Woodson was drunk when he signed the contract this would inturn make the contract null and void

Or high like Ricky....

if thats true cause i am from wisconsin, i wouldnt doubt the packers trying to trade for brees.

'unless Woodson was drunk when he signed the contract this would inturn make the contract null and void'

I would not overrule him being stoned, wasnt he arrested for pot. :lol:

Dang it, i thought that this news was about Surtain :cry:

Back
Top Bottom