Breaking News with NO LINK | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News with NO LINK

popularwar said:
I had heard about Green Bay wanting Smith to eventually replace Favre. If this happens we have a great shot at a trade.
At #25 they need to give us their entire draft and next years 1st and 2nd. It's impossible pretty much.

I wonder if Green Bay will want to move up to grab Smith?

What picks do they have?

fins2923 said:
A signed tender cannot be revoked in any business. Its a signed contract.
yes it can so long as both parties agree to terminate it.

And if Woodson wants out in a trade, and knows his current price is too high, he could accept that termination in agreement with Oakland doing it so that hsi price isn't so high for the team they want to try and unload him too.

A signed tender doesn't mean anything. The Raiders can cut him and nullify the contract any time. It only would mean they lose the franchise tag for this year but the deadline has already passed for using it anyway.

Hostile7 said:
At #25 they need to give us their entire draft and next years 1st and 2nd. It's impossible pretty much.
They could give us their first and second this year, a player, and their first and second next year (which I would expect to be very high since Favre has carried that team for years now). Actually... even then it's still lopsided.

yes it can so long as both parties agree to terminate it.

And if Woodson wants out in a trade, and knows his current price is too high, he could accept that termination in agreement with Oakland doing it so that hsi price isn't so high for the team they want to try and unload him too.

I'm sorry but everything I've ever seen in the NFL points to the Raiders being allowed to cut Woodson any time. The minute Woodson signed that tender he became property of the Raiders, to my knowledge.

ckparrothead said:
I'm sorry but everything I've ever seen in the NFL points to the Raiders being allowed to cut Woodson any time. The minute Woodson signed that tender he became property of the Raiders, to my knowledge.

But if they cut him, he would become UFA since he's no longer under contract.

From what I read in this thread, the Raiders are not removing the tender. They are removing the exclusive portion. They may do this b/c it doesn't affect any of Woodson's rights under the contract. As I understand it, the Raiders have given up their right to match and possibly to require compensation to the team. Does anybody know what the exclusive portion pertains to?

Why is everyone talking about Woodson's contract? A future hall of famer is retiring AND it might set up for a potential trade come draft day.

Back
Top Bottom