Brian Burns Anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Burns Anyone?

If Grier hadn’t traded for Chubb and Ross hadn’t screwed up sticking his nose into football matters, this would’ve been the move to make right about now.

As it stands now there is no way we can swing this. We need quantity at this point. The quality additions will be few and far between.

If the Dolphins can't afford to resign Christian Wilkins then there is no way in hell they will be able to sign Brian Burns.
Maybe the Dolphins feel like doing further cap gymnastics and signing a guy like Burns while turning to cheaper FA’s & the draft to replace Wilkins makes them better than they’d be by just resigning Wilkins to a bloated contract?

I’ve also started to wonder if Miami has decided that if they’re gonna have to spend $24 million+ to retain Wilkins, maybe they’d be better served by spending more to land Madubuike or Chris Jones and come away with an upgrade.

That being said, either one of those scenarios is an extreme long shot. I’m actually more optimistic than most that Wilkins be back. I think he really wants to stay a Dolphin but he has his number, the Fins have their number, and they’re just too far apart right now. As a result, MIami’s willing to let him shop around with the hope that Wilkins best offer will be closer to where Miami feels it should be. It could definitely backfire, but I can at least see Miami’s logic.

Maybe the Dolphins feel like doing further cap gymnastics and signing a guy like Burns while turning to cheaper FA’s & the draft to replace Wilkins makes them better than they’d be by just resigning Wilkins to a bloated contract?
^^ my only reason for creating this thread....

I’ve also started to wonder if Miami has decided that if they’re gonna have to spend $24 million+ to retain Wilkins, maybe they’d be better served by spending more to land Madubuike or Chris Jones and come away with an upgrade.

That being said, either one of those scenarios is an extreme long shot. I’m actually more optimistic than most that Wilkins be back. I think he really wants to stay a Dolphin but he has his number, the Fins have their number, and they’re just too far apart right now. As a result, MIami’s willing to let him shop around with the hope that Wilkins best offer will be closer to where Miami feels it should be. It could definitely backfire, but I can at least see Miami’s logic.
1709589267914.gif

If the Dolphins can't afford to resign Christian Wilkins then there is no way in hell they will be able to sign Brian Burns.
Dolphins in the mix for Snead from kc. They don’t want to pay Wilkins that kind of money. There is no point in signing Burns we already have 2 edge rushers.

Dolphins in the mix for Snead from kc. They don’t want to pay Wilkins that kind of money. There is no point in signing Burns we already have 2 edge rushers.
True - but our edge rushers (both of them) are probably out until week 8 next year....but yeah, I don't think we want Burns anyway....

True - but our edge rushers (both of them) are probably out until week 8 next year....but yeah, I don't think we want Burns anyway....
Yeah, our lack of edge in the first half of the season is an issue. Ugh. Hard to deal with. Hope first half of schedule is the easy half.

Back
Top Bottom