Brief Dolphins Free Agency Update by an Expert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brief Dolphins Free Agency Update by an Expert

Nublar7 said:
Thanks for clarifying that. Also thanks for posting what PFW said. Much appreciated.
No problem! After those nice videos you made for all of us, this was easy!

ckparrothead said:
Chad Greenway's been mentioned for good reason in round 1. He's a Saban type guy through and through. But they will look QB if there's a guy that makes sense. I'm starting to hope for Cutler.

they said they aren't sure if greenway can handle the blocks in the nfl and it 'll drop his stock. now here is the questoin, we go qb lets say 1st rd, waht do we do with wintston, ryans, or giles left in the 2nd? which owuld we pick as all 3 would be GREAT needs. it'll be a tough one if u ask me. btw, i see a lot of damage being done through FA (meaning good damage). OLB? simple most ikley peterson is in miami.

I say make Steve Hutchinson our top priority in FA. Holmgren thinks he's the best LG in the league and said so on NFL Network tonight. We need a guy who's been there and done that to set the bar for the rest of the line.

shouright said:
I say make Steve Hutchinson our top priority in FA. Holmgren thinks he's the best LG in the league and said so on NFL Network tonight. We need a guy who's been there and done that to set the bar for the rest of the line.
He's gonna be franchised.

ckparrothead said:
Nothing surprising in there. Miami will not be $32 million under the cap. Even Mueller said they won't make any attempts to start out that far under the cap. He said they'll look to be about $10 to 15 million under the cap before free agency and the draft.

I am starting to doubt the TO thing even though I personally wouldn't care one way or the other.

I see Jon Kitna becoming a Phin...not as some big solution, but as a guy who can throw the ball deep (he threw deep to Chad Johnson he can throw deep to Chris Chambers) play kind of smart, he's a veteran, probably more accurate than Gus Frerotte is. He's a get-you-by guy and I really see us drafting a guy. Kitna would be the starter and Lemon the backup, whoever we draft holds the clipboard.

Left Tackles are hard to come by in free agency. We would have to draft one to find one, IMO. If someone like Eric Winston falls because of the so-called bad senior season he is supposedly having, I would snap him up. I mean, hot dang I stagger to think of the kinds of things Winston could do with his potential if Houck taught him some great technique and repetition and how to move his feet, etc.

how great would it be to have carey and winston on the same OL, i have a feeling that would work a lot better than Whitley-McKinley did (texas A&M), thats for sure.

We're not 10 million under the cap right now. We're 3.25 million under.

ckparrothead said:
Nothing surprising in there. Miami will not be $32 million under the cap. Even Mueller said they won't make any attempts to start out that far under the cap. He said they'll look to be about $10 to 15 million under the cap before free agency and the draft.

I am starting to doubt the TO thing even though I personally wouldn't care one way or the other.

I see Jon Kitna becoming a Phin...not as some big solution, but as a guy who can throw the ball deep (he threw deep to Chad Johnson he can throw deep to Chris Chambers) play kind of smart, he's a veteran, probably more accurate than Gus Frerotte is. He's a get-you-by guy and I really see us drafting a guy. Kitna would be the starter and Lemon the backup, whoever we draft holds the clipboard.

Left Tackles are hard to come by in free agency. We would have to draft one to find one, IMO. If someone like Eric Winston falls because of the so-called bad senior season he is supposedly having, I would snap him up. I mean, hot dang I stagger to think of the kinds of things Winston could do with his potential if Houck taught him some great technique and repetition and how to move his feet, etc.

I know you aren't advocating Kitna as "the solution" but I don't see us moving in this direction unless it is at a nominal cost including what ever dead space releasing Frerotte would create.

I believe Gus is under contract for another year and I think Saban would just stick with him as the veteran tutor to who ever we acquire as the heir apparent. Gus does have a lot to offer a long QB from a knowledge standpoint even if he can't always excute it himself.

Whatever cost spent on upgrading Gus with Kitna could be better spent on another position as next year really will be only year 2 of a rebuilding process.

LostInPatsLand said:
"Miami is about $10 million under the cap right now and will likely restructure the contracts of some veterans to create even more cap room. Plus, it likely [certain veterans will be let go]..."

if that ain't breaking news i don't know what is. good work LIP. so they're saying we are gonna restructure some deals and even let some older guys go? wow! did they say how much cap room we have right now?

HysterikiLL said:
We're not 10 million under the cap right now. We're 3.25 million under.

what they mean by right now is probably that with the contracts that are expiring this offseason we'll be 10 million under without doing anything else...

after QB, i personally want to get younger and meaner on defense, a hard hitting safety to go with shulters (who i really wanna keep), some physical corners, a big tough linebacker to replace seau...

Just Get John Kitna, and T.O. in Free Agency, and Draft Ferguson in round one then Defense, Defense, Defense.....Other Free Agents I'd want in this order are.......Nate Clements, Reggie Wayne, Peterson.

Kitna, T.O., Chambers, Mcmike, Brown/RW.........SICK!!!

Back
Top Bottom