Bright side of tonight... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bright side of tonight...

marinofan76

Rookie
Reaction score
Patsies got pummelled by the Bungals (31-3)...maybe we're making a little too much out of preseason...i hope...please

Russell once again shined in kick return as well.

I like Russell on kick return, I think this guys will be special for us.

What about Jenkins and Pope, players of the game. Jenkins played an awesome game, and so did Pope. Also Bell had a monster game. And I would put Bua in a the fourth. Got to respect the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders from 2003 and 2004 coming in and playing good football. That, I will give the Dolphins credit for.

I agree the no injuries was great I would rather lose the preseason game than have injuries.

Pope's going to the Pro Bowl this year. You heard it here first!

miamirw said:
Pope's going to the Pro Bowl this year. You heard it here first!
I would love to see it but I give it another year. He really has the talent ot be a great linebacker, his nickname in college was baby ray cause they say he played like ray lewis only smaller. Now thats a tough comparison right now and i dont think he is up to ray lewis par just yet but I am anxious to see how he does this year

lbk501 said:
I agree, russell played well
Just curious, are you guys just looking at the stats? I love Russell and all, but he got creamed early on in the game. He didn't break that 49 yd return until the Skins place their 2nd/3rd sqaud on the field.

Up until then he gained very meager yards on returns. Why do you think our average starting possession was about the 15 yard line?[font=&quot][/font]

One important thing I have noticed. Preseason games .... 2nd and 3rd stringers actually play much harder and sometimes much better than first teamers. Why? Because starters don't give it 100% because ...well they are the starters and don't have to worry about proving anything. Also they don't want to injure themselves. So when you have a guy you're looking at, don't take away from the fact he is playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers in a preseason game. Regular season is a different story. Just my .02 worth.

Back
Top Bottom