Bright Spots Sunday vs. Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bright Spots Sunday vs. Bills

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
IMO the entire team didn't play like crap.

I was very surprised/ impressed at the level of play I saw from Yeremiah Bell. The kid was in on just about every stop and made some nice tackles in space.

Kevin Carter also played a great game.

Ronnie Brown is beastly, no other way to describe it.

Wes Welker did his normal Superman routine, coming through with big plays.

Donnie Jones was BOOMING the ball, unfortunately so was Moorman.

The defense as a whole played ok, the usual bend but dont break thing.

Anything else?

I swear if you say something negative in my thread I will hunt you down and kill you, so lets keep this on topic.

Im glad someone else sees the positives.I see you live in tampa...I live in sebring.Do you know if the game will be shown on the tampa network?Thanks ...

spydertl79 said:

Ronnie Brown didnt do too bad considering what he was given to work with.

Welker is a Football God at this point.

Donnie Jones was outstanding.

Sorry, but I thought we tackled like ****. Our D-Line was great but our secondary was just trying to hit people instead of wrapping them up and making a tackle.

I love what Ronnie did last week. He made yards when they were not there, and best of all, he contributed big time in the passing game. A total of 120 yards is where I expect to see Ronnie more often than not. Plus he got to show his speed a little on some plays.

Last week some fans wanted this guy replaced, and so when ROnnie shows up, they cannot even show up to say at the very least they might have been wrong. :shakeno:

And why isn't Yeremiah a starter?? Him, Daniels, and Allen offer a lot of hope for the future of this D. It's going to be difficult to replace Zack and Taylor though in the next couple of years.

I think one fan wanted to replace him for his lack of effort or whatever, but I believe he didnt find many takers to agree with him. I think it was the one spot that needed improvement if I remember correctly.

spydertl79 said:

I was very surprised/ impressed at the level of play I saw from Yeremiah Bell. The kid was in on just about every stop and made some nice tackles in space.

Anything else?

I swear if you say something negative in my thread I will hunt you down and kill you, so lets keep this on topic.
Dude we basically got shut out at home to buffalo ! positives :barf:

What about the Secondary......except for that Pass Interference, they showed a little improvement.

spydertl79 said:

Anything else?

Great post man, love the attitude. I'll give my props to the improvement of the secondary!!:dolphins:

SarahAnn said:
Ronnie Brown didnt do too bad considering what he was given to work with.

Welker is a Football God at this point.

Donnie Jones was outstanding.

Sorry, but I thought we tackled like ****. Our D-Line was great but our secondary was just trying to hit people instead of wrapping them up and making a tackle.

Among the points listed RB did as best he could considering the lack of holes opened up by the OL. He was doing his best to break arm tackles and move piles. Basically trying to create yards on his own.

Yes Donnie Jones can punt. We need him in low scoring possession type games in a big way.

As far as the defensive secondary I did not see a lot of missed tackles. But the D as a whole was left on the field too long and there may have been some whiffs in the later stages of the game that yours truly did not notice at first due to tiredness. A game that brought up memories of Wanny's teams; lack of offensive execution leading to losing the TOP element and forcing the D to be left out to dry.

Yeremiah Bell should start, how many times do I have to say it? The guy is a playmaker and he (along with Carter) was the best player on the defense last Sunday.

this won't sound negative but...

Dolphins D needs to cause turnovers. Turnovers wins games.

I however saw a lot of positives in Bills game

1) Ronnie
2) Welker
3) Daunte --------- he didn't play that bad, bad interception and missed Chambers wide open, only two bad goofs...
4) Chambers got going late in the game

All of the above, PLUS:

Much of the offensive problems were O-line/blocking problems. We have seen last year that this will improve as the year progresses. Who besides HH would you want to fix it?

Sad he's hurt, but if you had to pick 1 position and/or 1 individual to lose from our starting O-line, wouldn't it be right guard/Bennie Anderson? (Not so much a positive, but a glass half-full thing).

Definite attempt to get CC involved early. Mixed results, but you could see they were trying.

Barnes looked good and showed why Beasley didn't make it.

Defense did enough to win this game.

Blocking schemes and adjustments improved as the game went on.

And finally....

Nick's challenge flags got noticed!!

PS Spyder, thanks for the positive thread! It's early guys, keep the faith. Judge the body of work over the entire season. I'd take 14-2, which is still mathematically possible.

i agree there were many positives and a lot to build on, lets take it from the practice field to the game.

Shouldnt you guys be talking about the Titans instead of still talking about the Bills game. We sure aint talking about the Dolphins were talking about the Jets.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom