Brilliant quote from McKinney.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brilliant quote from McKinney..

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...l28,0,6825393.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

..I like this guy.

"He said he doesn't owe me anything. That would be true if we had no association with each other. However, we are on a TEAM. That's the association we have -- teammates. He owes me AND I owe him -- that's the reality of it. I owe him to block to the best of my ability. I owe him because he makes an offensive line look better than it really is. He owes me to run to the best of his ability, and that is all he owes me as a TEAMMATE. I expect nothing more than that, however I expect nothing less. I may have let someone 'take his head off.' However, I NEVER quit on him."

That is awesome.

I love these articles, they are very uplifting. I'm glad Seth has spoken about it, he's right in what he says. Taylor too, damn, gotta love JT.

I wish Taylor would act like he has some fire under him. The only thing that worries me a little is that players seem to have differing opinions on whether Ricky was right or wrong and that can definitely cause a lot of conflict. It will obviously be a point of discussion in the locker room for a while now.

I do LOVE how Seth is stepping up, being outspoken. He sounds like a true, strong leader.

Man i love having both of those guys on our team. Seth really helped me let out some frustration by basically speaking how i felt to the media. Then JT cooled me down, and got me fired up for the season...WHAT A TEAM!!

Love what Seth said, great read and great fire by Seth, he is really stepping up and will be a leader on the line I beleive.

"For some reason I think that all of this adversity will bring this team together."

amen... the Dolphins players have had this week to be shocked, angered and to hopefully get over it. next week is time for JT, Zach and some guys to step up and be leaders and instill in the team the us-against-the-world-mentality.

as for Seth McKinney, the center is the defacto leader of any OL (usually makes the line calls and/or adjustments at the line of scrimmage), so him speaking out like he did means he may be ready for a leadership role on the OL. with all the new OL players trying to mesh someone needs to step up and be the man!

:mrt: i pity the fools who play Miami in 2004

Sounds like something a young Kent Hull might say.... of course he'll never be Kent Hull but the leadership he is showing is similar.

Brilliant quote by dolphin players...

"Some teammates didn't care for McKinney's candor in calling out Williams, wondering what four starts had done to earn spokesman status. Williams didn't care for it either."

Back
Top Bottom