Bring back Jake as a Guard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back Jake as a Guard

steviey013

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jake Long could fill the LG position for this team. Yup. He could. Don't believe me? Just ask Gil Brandt.

Well, Sons of Shula...yes he could. All you have to do is read my "TOP 10 UNSIGNED FREE AGENTS" article on NFL.com and you can see that I put Jake on that list and that he indeed might best be utilized at the Guard position at this point in his career. Thanks for askin! cough cough Gil Brandt cough cough.

Well, Sons of Shula...yes he could. All you have to do is read my "TOP 10 UNSIGNED FREE AGENTS" article on NFL.com and you can see that I put Jake on that list and that he indeed might best be utilized at the Guard position at this point in his career. Thanks for askin! cough cough Gil Brandt cough cough.

Guard? I'm not sure he could even be utilized as a crossing guard at this point in his career. Kids would be stranded halfway across the street when his knee realizes it's dead and goes into the light.

What bit don't you understand? Jake Long is a relic of his former self. One of Jeff Ireland's best decisions was not matching the St Louis offer (and that was a couple of major surgeries ago).
Gil Brandt is 82 years old and about 15 months ago he thought Johnny Manziel was the best player in the 2014 Draft and thought he should go #1. Gil may be a little senile.

Last edited by a moderator:
What bit don't you understand. Jake Long is a relic of his former self. One of Jeff Ireland's best decisions was not matching the St Louis offer (and that was a couple of major surgeries ago).
Gil Brandt is 82 years old and about 15 months ago he thought Johnny Manziel was the best player in the 2014 Draft and thought he should go #1. Gil may be a little senile.

Probably in better shape to play guard than Long at this point.

Here's a little help on how to create a thread. :up:

steviey013 says, "Jake Long could fill the LG position for this team. Yup. He could. Don't believe me? Just ask Gil Brandt."

NFL's 10 best remaining veteran free agents

With players hitting the field for OTAs and minicamps, it's easy to forget that there are still some notable unsigned free agents out there. But, as veteran receiver James Jones reminded us -- literally, declaring recently, "If you need a WR, come get me" -- there are plenty of guys still looking for work. They obviously aren't first- or second-tier free agents, but some of them can help someone, even if many won't land a job until training camps get going.

Below, I've listed the 10 best free agents remaining, arranged in alphabetical order. You won't see some of the higher-profile guys -- like Wes Welker, Steven Jackson, Lance Briggs, Michael Vick, Dwight Freeney and Pierre Thomas -- but not because they've been overlooked; rather, they were left off because they no longer stack up with the players listed.

Jake Long, offensive lineman
Long is a giant with long arms, and you don't just find giants with long arms hanging out on the street corner. He's also a smart guy who definitely could add something to a number of teams. His days as a left tackle might be over, but he can still do well at right tackle or either guard spot. The question is, can he stay healthy after suffering ACL tears in both 2013 and 2014? Good fit: New York Giants

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000496637/nine-best-remaining-veteran-free-agents

Then after understanding your reference point SoS can respond, "It's not only Jake Long's health I'd be concerned about, but also Tannehill's. No thanks, Gil.."

Ware-Sack.gif

pbzld69ne256ojom06jy.gif

Sos those look familiar looks like any recent dallas Thomas or jon martin gif

Not only no but hell no

You got to let this one go fellas...jake long is a corpse

Yeah that's not a fish out of water or anything. He was a bad LT what makes you or anyone else think he'd be a good Gaurd?

I'd take him for depth, everyone is always bitchin about the line, but other than Mathis who is out there? When you can't get quality get quantity, if he plays 8 games on a BS contract you got your money's worth and he would be just another log on the fire of what right now looks like going to be a whole season of a lot in and outs at the Guard position anyway. Long maybe injury prone but when he can play, guy is good and he is above average in the brains department too

I would take him for at least depth at guard. We are not in good shape on the O line. Nothing to lose.

I would take him for at least depth at guard. We are not in good shape on the O line. Nothing to lose.

Roster space isn't unlimited and there is zero reason to believe he'd be even passable at guard. Further, you need backups that can hold up, not backups whose knees will fall off even faster than your starters.

Further, no interest in the weekly reminder of how bad we ****ed up all those years ago.

Back
Top Bottom