Bring Back Yerimiah Bell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Back Yerimiah Bell

Perfect examble of why you guys can't be GM, we don't intercept balls, but we want to keep the same ol people doing the same ol thing, I like bell for his leadership, not his play in the passing game. I think we need to move on.. I'm excited to see Odrick get more playing time, I think he might be a difference maker in the pass rush..if starks can get back to this old habbits and Odrick and Merling develope, we might see a better pass rush that help the secondary...I'm still wondering about Sean Smith, I expected more out of him by now...

I really liked Bell. By mid season last year it felt like he was the only one playing on defense. Or the whole team for that matter. Come on, vet minimum with a bump for leadership? There's room for him. Now that he's cut, I'd be miffed if i was him. I'm sorry to say, he can get the same deal elsewhere.

By mid season last year it felt like he was the only one playing on defense.

Thats how I felt!! I read some of the stuff on here, and wonder if Im taking crazy pills. I would love for Bell to return and play at a high level.

Keep YB a Dolphin for life!

I think both sides need to move on. Amazing versus the run, poor in the secondary. Getting up there in years, let's hand it over to one of our many young safety prospects.

At this stage we need to move on. We need to find out for sure if the younger safeties will perform and keep going until we find what we need. I like Bell as other posters have said - it's probably better for both of us if he finds a place that will pay him what he wants.

Everybody likes YBell, "he is a leader of the defense" . . "he get his guys in line" . . . why weren't people holding him accountable for all of the miscommunication earlier in the season? I mean we had the same D coordinator . . . are you guys even sure Bell makes the calls in the secondary?

Hell, I don't wanna sound like I'm discrediting Bell, because he will always be that guy that I remember making plays on special teams, forcing fumbles, etc. and we finally inserted him into the starting lineup after that terrible start in 2006 and we wen't up to Chicago and POUNDED that undefeated Bears team. in 2007 his injury against the Skins really was the first step in several blows to our defense. 2008 the way he ran down the speedy Jamaal Charles down the sidelines will always be that A for effort that I will symbolize with Y Bell.

But it's time to move on. Reshad Jones is ready to take over the SS role. He's 10 years younger, he'll be better in coverage, he is more of a playmaker and he is a solid tackler. I odn't know why this came as a shock to so many people, looking at his 6.2 million and 4.3 against the cap you knew they weren't keeping him at that price. I wish him well and hope he has a chance to swing for a title this season.

Back
Top Bottom